Senior Compliance Officer (Bank Support Functions)
Salaris €70,000 - €100,000 per annum
Consultant Tess Lean
Datum 26 februari 2018Zuidplein 28 1077 XV Amsterdam Robert Walters The Netherlands
A leading International Bank is looking to hire a highly skilled and results-driven Senior Compliance Officer (Bank Support Functions) to advise on compliance-related requirements to ensure adherence to laws, regulations and risk appetite.
Principal Senior Compliance Officer (Bank Support Functions) accountabilities will include:
- Assists in (i) educating employees on compliance issues, (ii) in acting as contact point for compliance queries, and in (iii) supporting and advising the support functions in the COO, CEO, CRO and CFO domain in embedding new/existing regulatory/policy requirements;
- Support in identifying, documenting and assessing the risks associated with the bank support functions’ activities;
- Supports in investigating, adequately mitigating and/or promptly remediating issues identified through monitoring or other sources; it provides compliance sign-off or veto in approval processes;
- Monitors and reports on the proper operating effectiveness and adherence to applicable laws, regulations, policies, as well as the effectiveness of controls and reports the results;
- Supports the 1st line of defense to increase the efficiency and the effectiveness of compliance related processes’;
- Cooperate and coordinate with the other relevant NFR functions In line with the Bank’s values, support in deepening the culture of compliance (Compliance Risk Culture Monitoring, Dilemma Management).
You will have:
- 5+ years’ experience in compliance risk management or banking experience that is relevant for compliance risk management.
- Thorough understanding of compliance relevant legislation and regulations, international trends and industry developments or capable to learn this with short period of time.
- A team player with strong interpersonal skills, who is able to build effective working relationships and thrive in a diversified and multicultural work environment.
- Possess a ‘can do’ approach, passion for the business, and drive for results.
- Strong and effective communication skills – fluent in written and spoken English.
- Excellent analytical skills as well as a keen eye for detail.
- Organised with the ability to meet and respond to tight deadlines.
- An academic degree in a relevant discipline or equivalent experience.
This is an excellent role for a passionate, results-driven Senior Compliance Officer (Bank Support Functions) to join a leading International Bank with offices based in Amsterdam. The experience to be gained from involvement in such an organization should not be over looked.
If you are interested in this exciting opportunity please contact me or click to apply