Interim FEC (Financial Economic Crime) Specialist
Consultant Pieter van Schaik
Datum 1 maart 2018Zuidplein 28 1077 XV Amsterdam Robert Walters The Netherlands
As a Interim FEC Specialist within Corporate Compliance Risk Management (CCRM) you are working within a team of Financial Economic Crime experts, who are supporting the bank globally in further embedding of the Financial Economic Crime (FEC) requirements and controls within their business environment.
The position is a key channel for advice, training, translating (external) developments to the bank’s environment as well as communicating and sharing of best practices. As a global expert in the FEC domain your main focus lies on Anti-Money Laundering (AML), Economic and Financial Sanctions as well as Export Controls and Proliferation Financing which translates to the following (non-exclusive) overview of activities:
- Maintaining expertise and in depth subject knowledge and understanding of good practice and procedures in the FEC domain (continuous development);
- Support the business in translating requirements to practical implementable solutions;
- Oversee and advice (partner) with our global businesses on the embedding of the FEC controls within their respective domain;
- Maintain global oversight of the local control framework and embedding of the FEC requirements and controls (in close cooperation with the Functional Oversight colleagues of CCRM);
- Align the activities of the global MLRO community with the global functions at Head office (e.g. Transactions Services (TS), Central List Management (CLM), Bankwide Customer operations, and act as an intermediate where needed;
- Monitor and follow-up on open audit-items and incidents;
- Advisory role on waiver requests relevant to the FEC domain;
- Identify key areas for improvement and provide support and guidance to implement good practice - “ turning paper into practice”;
- Work from the basis of what’s possible within the confines of law and regulations and at the same time enabling the business in achieving sustainable growth.
Your work environment
Within CCRM/FEC the team of FEC specialists is dedicated to supporting the business in whatever means possible. The team is working together based on knowledge and expertise, as well as the skill set needed to best perform the job. The position of Interim FEC Specialist for that reason is identified as an expert role with a strong focus on skills, which is challenging and at the same time satisfactory. Working with our key internal stakeholders offers an environment which provides a global overview on how the FEC requirements and controls are embedded within the business, and provides an opportunity to support relationships with external stakeholders, regulators and supervisory institutions as well as the global functions at Head office.
Who we are looking for
We are looking for a motivated an Interim FEC Specialist who has the following characteristics:
- University degree
- Proven knowledge and expertise in the FEC domain (minimum 3-5 years)
- A team player with strong interpersonal skills who is able to build effective working relationship and thrive in a diversified and multicultural work environment.
- Strong and effective communication skills – fluent in written and spoken English.
- ‘Hands-on’ mentality
- Excellent analytical skills as well as a keen eye for detail
- Organised with the ability to meet and respond to tight deadlines
- Able to demonstrate initiative and drive for results
- Strong skill set in the areas of personal effectiveness (i.e. adaptability, flexibility, independence, courage and self-confidence, attention to detail), problem analysis & judgement, customer focus and investigative & learning ability
- Able to use different communication styles fitting with the need of the (internal) customer, both verbally and written
- Willing to travel internationally if needed
Please apply today via our website or contact me if you require more information regarding this assignment