Senior Compliance Officer
Consultant Henjo van Niekerk
Datum 10 augustus 2018Zuidplein 28 1077 XV Amsterdam Robert Walters The Netherlands
We have been engaged by one of the worlds largest Trust and Fiduciary companies that are looking for a compliance specialist that has experience in the development and execution of compliance policies and procedures across the organization, primarily for compliance, but also in other areas such as client privacy, records and contract management.
As a Senior Compliance Officer you contribute to the development and execution of compliance policies and procedures across the organisation, primarily for compliance, but also in other areas such as client privacy, records and contract management. You will be working in a team of experienced compliance professionals with whom you will share the responsibility for overall compliance policies and guidance within the organisation.
- You support the Head of Compliance by taking the lead –and act as a manager for team members- in maintaining and developing compliance awareness within the business team.
- You have the responsibility to communicate (in writing) on a high professional level with the Dutch Central Bank & Company Group Compliance.
- You will draft several Compliance policies.
- You will be working in a team of experienced compliance professionals with whom you will share the responsibility for overall compliance policies and guidance within the organisation.
- In cooperation with the team you will be performing and ensuring the activities in accordance with the annual Compliance Plan.
- Furthermore you provide input for the quarterly compliance report for Group Compliance, the bi-annual compliance reports for the Management Team and the ISI report for the Dutch Central Bank.
- You will be part of the process of client approval, execute client reviews and report on AML and sanctions for the Business Unit you serve as a dedicated Compliance Officer.
- Together with the Business Unit you ensure a proper preparation for discussing client risks at the Company Risk Committee and ensure the relevant documentation will be present and complete when accepting a client in the Company Business Committee. Within the business team you liaise with the Business Unit Directors Legal & Finance and support them in their first line compliance role.
Qualifications and other requirements:
- We are looking for an experienced compliance professional with a good understanding of relevant laws and regulations and how these can impact trust offices.
- You have a Master’s degree in Law, complemented by a certified compliance course/degree.
- You have gained more than 5 year's experience in a compliance role. Compliance experience with a financial service provider is a must have, should you have experience with a trust office; that would be considered as an absolute pre.
- You have a clear affinity with integrity, culture and soft control topics and you have good communication- and judgement skills with on the other hand a presence of necessary countervailing power. Acting as monitoring- as well as advising professional.
- We would be looking for resilience and strength of character and the capacity to challenge and influence whilst remaining commercially focused.
You have the ability to clearly explain regulatory compliance and compliance risks develop sound mitigation strategies and find workable solutions.
The opportunity provides for an unique challenge together with the management, development and training of a team of compliance officers which would give you the opportunity to build your own position and grow into the company.
Want to know more about the opportunity and the position of Senior Compliance Officer to be based in Amsterdam? Contact the Legal recruitment consultant team of Robert Walters today!