Head of Compliance
Consultant Tess Lean
Datum 8 januari 2019 2019-01-082019-03-09 banking Amsterdam North Holland NL 1012PT EUR 80000 150000 150000 YEAR Robert Walters https://www.robertwalters.nl https://www.robertwalters.nl/content/dam/robert-walters/global/images/logos/web-logos/logo.gif
My client, a leading Global Investment Bank, is looking for an experienced Head of Compliance to establish a local Compliance function for their Amsterdam branch.
You will be responsible for supporting the Corporate and Investment Banking businesses in the Netherlands and covering Compliance aspects with regards to a full range of products (particularly in the Investment Banking and Corporate Banking space, with a strong focus on Banking businesses and Financial Crime).
Head of Compliance accountabilities will include:
- Corporate Compliance, including: the adaptation and implementation of global policies in the Dutch Branch; the management of conflicts of interest; personal account dealing; interactions with local regulators, and; management of local licenses or authorizations
- Transactional Compliance, which includes the review of proposed transactions (a) with investors located in or (b) otherwise related to the Netherlands
- Financial Crime, requiring strong practical knowledge of all Financial Crime aspects (with a special focus on AML and Sanctions)
- University level Degree (WO) in Law or Finance/Economics (with a solid legal understanding and experience)
- A minimum of 5 years’ Financial Services experience, ideally gained in the Legal and/or Compliance function of a Dutch Investment Bank or regional subsidiary of an international Financial institution
A detailed knowledge of Dutch regulations, as well as practical experience in translating regulations into workable policies and procedures
- Familiarity with relevant Investment Banking and Corporate Banking products, services and businesses
- Fluency in English and Dutch (oral and written) and ability to display a high level of analytical thinking, together with a high standard of judgement, problem-solving and persuasion skills
This is an excellent opportunity for a well-versed Compliance expert to join one of the world’s most prominent Investment Banks. The experience to be gained from involvement in such an organization should not be over-looked.
If you are interested in this exciting opportunity, click to apply