Head of Compliance Advisory
Salaris bonus, pension
Consultant Ton van der Kooi
Datum 14 februari 2019 2019-02-142019-03-22 banking Amsterdam North Holland NL EUR 80000 95000 95000 YEAR Robert Walters https://www.robertwalters.nl
Are you an experienced Compliance specialist with experience in the banking industry? Do you want to work for an International Bank in a European Head Office function? Then keep reading.
One of the largest Financial Institutions in the world is looking for a Head of Compliance Advisory for their European Head Office in Amsterdam. The role of Compliance Advisory forms part of the Compliance Division which is responsible for Compliance management and oversight and reports to the Chief Compliance Officer.
- Compliance Leadership: Design and implement, within the wider risk framework, structures and processes that integrate the principles of effective compliance into daily operations, encourage behavioural change and drive good governance across MBE.
- Evaluate the current status of compliance activities within the bank through the completion of periodic heat map meetings with compliance specialists, as well as attendance at relevant committee meetings (e.g. New Product Committee) and take appropriate action to address any shortfalls.
- Global collaboration: Work in partnership with risk and compliance specialists across the region and globally to share best practice, provide support and develop effective compliance policies and methodology appropriate to the Bank.
- Communicate non-conformance issues to all relevant parties in order that appropriate and timely remedial action is taken providing guidance and support as necessary, also ensuring that such issues are reported in accordance with established procedures and guidelines.
- Provide specialist advice and guidance to the business areas in line with the agreed business objectives to meet all relevant internal and external regulatory/statutory requirements in relation to Compliance.
- Keep abreast of changes in law, regulations and market practice and submit recommendations for action and assisting in implementation thereof (policies and procedures, banking facilities and documentation produced by the Divisions)
- Promote staff awareness, understanding of and commitment to Compliance matters and provide appropriate training for the staff.
- As and when required undertake small projects and/or provide specialist input into wider business projects and initiatives, facilitating the identification and evaluation of risks and controls and recommending proportional cost effective solutions.
- Backup/deputise for the Chief Compliance Officer in his/her absence.
Consultation and others:
Participating in internal and/or external consultation platforms or committees (either on an ad hoc or permanent basis) regarding Compliance
- CC (Compliance Committee)
- OCC (Operation Control Committee)
- AMLC (AML committee)
The function requires comprehensive knowledge at University level and wide practical experience across a number of financial services disciplines.
- Functional/Technical Skills and Knowledge requirements:
- The function requires comprehensive knowledge at academic level, preferably complemented with a post graduate (executive master) degree in Compliance/Risk Management and wide practical experience across a number of financial services disciplines.
- Experience in working in a compliance function of an international financial institution or professional service firm.
- Good knowledge of key relevant regulatory and statutory requirements, technical interpretation and the ability to provide advice thereon.
- Able to formulate own business area plans and strategy taking into account the wider business unit strategies and requirements.
- Pro-actively develops and maintains relationships with a wide range of keys contacts in all areas of the bank. The Manager Compliance Advisory keeps his/her knowledge and skills up-to-date by reading internal bulletins regarding the area and by external or internal education.
- Also an up-to-date understanding, of the wider financial services industry, regulatory changes and pertinent economic and political factors which may impact on the business and overall aims.
- Maintains close contact with external organisations/professionals for exchange of information, developments and the sharing of best practice.
- High level of personal independence
- Complex problem solving skills and strong networking and influencing and delegation skills
- Verbal and written communication skills in Dutch and English are essential.
The bank offers you the opportunity to exploit your knowledge and skills in an international oriented role for a leading International Group, where you work in the European Head Office. You will be offered a market salary with good secondary benefits.
Are you interested in the role of Head of Compliance Advisory? Then apply as soon as possible.