Senior Sanctions Specialist
Salaris €100,000 - €120,000 per year
Consultant Tess Lean
Datum 6 maart 2019 2019-03-062019-05-03 banking Amsterdam North Holland NL EUR 100000 120000 120000 YEAR Robert Walters https://www.robertwalters.nl
My client, a prominent Dutch Bank with operations in over 40 countries worldwide, is looking to hire a knowledgeable and experienced Senior Sanctions Specialist to join the KYC FEC team in their head office in Amsterdam.
Your primary responsibilities will be to stay abreast of developments in the Sanctions domain (especially those related to the US, EU and the Netherlands) and to continuously translate this external environment into the bank’s sanctions risk framework.
Further to this, you will define and monitor the adequacy of the implemented sanctions control framework, and work together with the sanctions experts on supporting the global Compliance community in the sanctions area by means of advisory.
Further responsibilities of the Senior Sanctions Specialist include:
- Analyzing proposed deals and identifying potential sanctions risks where - if required - the business and/or the local Compliance Officer must be contacted/consulted to obtain further insights;
- Propose mitigating measures in accordance with the Policy and Standards;
Ensuring the relevant lists are adequately incorporated into the bank’s screening environment, and are managed in an effective and efficient way;
- In collaboration with the local Compliance Officer/MLRO, assist the local business in safeguarding the bank from being involved in any business which might expose it to sanctions risks;
- Provide advice, guidance and support on regulatory issues as required;
- Support the team of sanctions experts by means of an extensive knowledge and clear overview on the impact of the various sanctions regimes;
- Support the Head of KYC FEC in various reporting activities on the completeness and adequacy of the implemented sanctions risk framework.
- University degree (WO level);
- Proven knowledge and expertise in the Sanctions domain (at least 5 years’ experience in a senior and international sanctions role within Banking/Financial Services);
- A team player with strong interpersonal skills, able to operate in a diversified and multicultural work environment;
- Strong and effective communication skills – fluent in written and spoken English;
- Excellent analytical skills as well as a keen eye for detail (e.g. to identify and articulate sanctions related issues);
- Profound understanding of various sanctions related regimes, the applicability thereof, and the ability to link them into business processes and products;
- Ability to perform risk assessments, Compliance monitoring/reporting, as well as quality assurance related activities;
- Willingness to travel internationally if neccessary.
This is an excellent opportunity for a well-versed Senior Sanctions Specialist to join a prominent, leading Dutch Bank with extensive international exposure. The experience to be gained from involvement in such an organization should not be over-looked.
If you are interested in this exciting opportunity click to apply