Vice President FEC, Strategy and Governance
Salaris €80,000 - €95,000 per year
Consultant Ton van der Kooi
Datum 26 april 20192019-04-26 2019-06-25 banking Amsterdam North Holland NL EUR 80000 95000 95000 YEAR Robert Walters https://www.robertwalters.nl
Are you a Compliance Specialist with more than 7 years’ experience in the banking industry? Do you want to work in a leading Compliance role in the European Head Office of an international leading bank? Then keep reading.
As a Vice President in FCO, you work in a team that contributes to the operation of the financial crime compliance framework. Your responsibilities and accountabilities include, but are not limited to, implementing the program in a “business as usual” environment to mitigate the financial crime risks.
In summary, this role requires:
- Supporting the drive for compliance with the groups global policies;
- Working on the resolution of issues identified via the testing functions, audits, regulatory exams, programmatic reviews, and quality assurance efforts in collaboration with other colleagues in FCO MBE.
- Ensuring key processes are run efficiently to deliver quality and reliable information, to support the firm’s business growth and control procedures. Developing and integrating these processes with the equivalents in the bank to deliver a first-class FCO team.
- Providing support and logistic arrangements to enable FCO to deliver its change programme efficiently and effectively across the markets.
- In all your activities ensure that the legal entity integrity of the Bank is respected, escalating to your supervisor if you identify any actual or perceived conflicts of interest between them.
With regard to the role in Strategy & Governance, this role requires:
- Management of the FCO Strategy & Governance Team.
- Working with the Financial Crimes EMEA Office Strategy & Governance Team to ensure consistency of approach to data management, governance, issue management and projects within EMEA and globally. Furthermore, to ensure that EMEA and Global generated content meets the legal and regulatory requirements of the markets in which the bank operates.
- To implement and manage data governance and issue oversight for the FCO, including: Management Information collation; task/workflow support; tracking of project milestones.
- To provide project management oversight and support for local and global Financial Crime Compliance initiatives, working in conjunction with other project management oversight teams engaged in such projects.
- Supporting the Head of Financial Crime Compliance with analysis of Financial Crime related Management Information, such as KRIs and KPIs.
- Support the monitoring of the performance of the Financial Crimes programs and related activities on a continuing basis through engagement with the Financial Crime EMEA Office testing function and Audit and tracking the completion of FCO owned action items.
- Providing support with the submission of regulatory reports, such as Suspicious Transaction Reports to the Regulatory Authorities in The Netherlands, and the submission of closure packs for Audit Issues and./or other Issues. The Strategy & Governance team will support the wider FCO team with the compilation of pertinent information and work with teams such as Audit to ensure that expectations are met.
- Supporting FCO Training initiatives. The Strategy & Governance team will support the wider FCO team with initiatives to provide training to the First Line of Defence.
- To undertake projects and/or provide specialist input into wider business projects and initiatives, facilitating adequate control over Financial Crime Compliance risk.
Functional/Technical Skills and Knowledge requirements:
- At least 7-10 years of experience in a relevant area
- The function requires comprehensive knowledge of Governance and Data Management processes in the Financial Services Sector.
- Experience working in a compliance or legal function of an international financial institution or professional service firm, preferably on Financial and/or Corporate Banking Law.
- Previous Audit or testing function experience is preferred.
- High level of personal independence
- Strong networking and influencing skills.
- Verbal and written communication skills in English are essential, and in Dutch are preferred.
The role holder will also be expected to demonstrate how they would be able to meet the following:
- An up-to-date understanding of the wider financial services industry, specifically with regard to financial crime risk issues and pertinent economic and political factors which may impact on the banks’ business and overall aims.
- An understanding of the groups overall strategy and goals, structures, policies and culture together with a detailed knowledge of the policies, operations, systems and key strategies of both the FCO and the departments supported by the team.
- The ability to keep their knowledge and skills up-to-date by reading internal bulletins regarding his area and by external or internal education.
The bank offers you the opportunity to exploit your knowledge and skills in an international oriented role for a leading International Group, where you work in the European Head Office. You will be offered a market salary (base salary between 80k and 95k) with good secondary benefits.
Are you interested in the role of Vice President, Global Financial Crime, Strategy & Governance? Then apply as soon as possible.