Associate Vice President FEC, Due Diligence
Consultant Ton van der Kooi
Datum 26 april 20192019-04-26 2019-06-25 banking Amsterdam North Holland NL EUR 50000 65000 65000 YEAR Robert Walters https://www.robertwalters.nl
Are you a specialist in Financial Economic Crime? Do you want to work for a international leading bank, supervising several European branches? Then keep reading.
As an Assistant Vice President in FCO MBE, you work in a team that contributes to the operation of the financial crime compliance framework. Your responsibilities and accountabilities include, but are not limited to, implementing the program in a “business as usual” environment to mitigate the financial crime risks.
In summary, this role requires:
- Supporting the drive for compliance with MUFG’s global policies;
- Working on the resolution of issues identified via MUFG’s testing functions, audits, regulatory exams, programmatic reviews, and quality assurance efforts in collaboration with other colleagues in FCO MBE.
- Ensuring key processes are run efficiently to deliver quality and reliable information, to support the firm’s business growth and control procedures. Developing and integrating these processes with the equivalents in MUFG to deliver a first-class FCO MBE team.
- Providing support and logistic arrangements to enable FCO MBE to deliver its change programme efficiently and effectively across the MBE markets.
- In all your activities ensure that the legal entity integrity of MUFG Bank Ltd is respected, escalating to your supervisor if you identify any actual or perceived conflicts of interest between them.
With regard to the role in Enhanced Due Diligence, this role requires:
- Reviewing client files to ensure that due diligence requirements have been met.
- Reviewing transaction monitoring and sanctions screening alerts that are escalated to FCO MBE and conducting an assessment. Where appropriate escalating those clients for management awareness or regulatory filing.
- Providing feedback on client due diligence files and transaction monitoring and sanctions screening alerts with the aim of identifying areas for process improvement, such as training opportunities for the first line of defence (Relationship Managers and Client Support Officers).
- Providing feedback on client due diligence files and transaction monitoring and sanctions screening alerts with the aim of identifying emerging risks, such as an increase in the type of specific alerts received.
- Acting in an advisory capacity regarding policy and procedure with regard to the first line of defence employees with responsibility for conducting know your customer duties.
- Supporting the VP, Financial Crime Office, Enhanced Due Diligence with training initiatives delivered to the first line of defence.
Functional/Technical Skills and Knowledge requirements:
- A University level degree, or other higher learning to a similar standard, is preferred
- At least 5 years of experience in a relevant area
- The ability to assess large, complex files, ensuring consistency of information and alignment to procedural documentation.
- High level of personal independence
- Strong team player
- Ability to handle sensitive/confidential information appropriately
- Verbal and written communication skills in English are essential, and in Dutch are preferred.
The bank offers you the opportunity to exploit your knowledge and skills in an international oriented role for a leading International Group, where you work in the European Head Office. You will be offered a market salary (base salary between 50k and 65k) with good secondary benefits.
Are you interested in the role of Associate Vice President, Global Financial Crime, Enhanced Due Diligence? Then apply as soon as possible.