Senior Compliance Officer
Consultant Tess Lean
Datum 24 mei 20192019-06-19 2019-07-23 banking Amsterdam North Holland NL EUR 60000 80000 80000 YEAR Robert Walters https://www.robertwalters.nl https://www.robertwalters.nl/content/dam/robert-walters/global/images/logos/web-logos/logo.gif
My client, a leading Global Retail Bank, is looking for a highly competent Senior Compliance Officer to join the Dutch Risk & Compliance team in their Amsterdam branch.
You will be responsible for applying the local Compliance Framework and managing Regulatory Risk for the bank (Netherlands & Germany) within agreed risk appetite. You will also provide advice on the implementation of internal policies, local law/regulations and on regulatory risks and compliance matters to internal stakeholders, to enable well-informed decision making.
Key Senior Compliance Officer accountabilities include:
- Identify, assess, manage, monitor and report on regulatory risks;
- Assess compliance to legal and regulatory obligations by mapping and testing the effectiveness of processes and controls against the obligations;
- Identify legal and regulatory developments and inform internal stakeholders;
- Assess impact of regulatory developments and provide advice in relation to their implementation
Translate law and regulations into local processes and procedures;
- Raise potential regulatory breaches, legal incidents and findings, investigate root cause and manage actions to resolve;
- Proactively engage and maintain relationship with internal and external stakeholders;
- Collaborate with colleagues within the Dutch, German and UK offices and work closely together with counterparts in the German Compliance team;
- Act as liaison for Divisional and Group Risk in the areas of Regulatory Risk and Compliance;
- Establish and maintain the relationship with the Dutch Banking Association, and engage with Dutch regulators on selective topics.
- University Degree (WO level) in Law, Economics or equivalent;
- Background in Banking, and specifically in Mortgages;
- A minimum of 5 years' relevant experience in a Compliance function;
- Sound knowledge of Dutch financial services related law and regulations;
- Ability to translate theory into practice, develop operational policies and procedures and ensure that these are understood and implemented;
- Excellent communication skills, both verbal and in writing (Dutch and English);
- Ability to get things done under pressure, hands-on mentality and strong networking/influencing skills;
- Self-motivated, autonomous, and decisive.
This Senior Compliance Officer position represents an excellent opportunity for a knowledgeable and experienced Compliance Professional to further develop their career in one of the world’s most prominent Retail Banks. The experience to be gained from involvement in such an organization should not be over-looked.
If you are interested in this exciting opportunity click to apply