Interim Head of AML
Consultant Joost Heij
Datum 6 juni 20192019-06-19 2019-07-06 banking Amsterdam North Holland NL EUR 80 120 120 HOUR Robert Walters https://www.robertwalters.nl https://www.robertwalters.nl/content/dam/robert-walters/global/images/logos/web-logos/square-logo.png
For a large financial service institution in Amsterdam we are looking for an interim Head of AML. You will be responsible for maniging the day to day activities of a global team of five people who will be monitoring and screening clients and transaction of clients in compliance with the Anti Money Laundering regulations. Start: as soon as possible. Duration: 3 months to start with.
Responsibilities interim Head of AML:
- Manage the day to day activities and responsibilities of the team and hands-on lead a global team of currently five AML Operations Officers.
- Monitoring clients’ activities, which includes handling the alerts reported by the AML monitoring system as well as maintaining and modifying the risk profiles of clients in this system as a consequence of the monitoring process.
- Analyzing possible patterns based on the results of the monitoring and screening process in order to gain a better insight in the risk profile of our client base.
- Clearing or investigating possible matches as generated by the scanning application that CBN uses to scan its clients and their transactions against international sanctioned names and countries.
- Investigating and completing high quality internal reports on identified unusual transactions for reasons of money laundering or other possible violations of the law, and reporting these to the compliance officer for reporting to the Financial Intelligence unit
- Thoroughly and succinctly document this analysis related to the monitoring activity for an audience that includes Management, Regulators, Internal Audit, Senior Managers and Internal Compliance.
Communicate effectively and efficiently with relevant internal and external stakeholders to obtain relevant information and documents
- Specific projects which may arise from time to time.
Requirements interim Head of AML
- Bachelor degree in law or business administration or a related discipline.
- Extensive experience with AML operations as described above.
- Understanding of IT impact of data analysis, such as data warehousing, interfacing etc, and ability to liaise with the IT department to improve monitoring and screening systems. Understanding of data mining would be beneficial.
- Minimum 5 years experience in financial service industry or similar business in a AML environment
- Understanding of AML and CTF framework.
- Have a good understanding of payments and bank transactions as they occur in core banking systems.
- Compliance qualification would be an advantage.
- Excellent English communication skills, both verbal and written.
- Ability to work independently and also to liaise with other departments.
- Good knowledge of Microsoft office applications.
Available and interested? Apply directly!