Senior Compliance Officer
Consultant Hidde Kooijman
Datum 6 september 2022noord-holland banking-financial-services/compliance 2022-09-06 2022-11-05 banking Amsterdam North Holland NL Robert Walters https://www.robertwalters.nl https://www.robertwalters.nl/content/dam/robert-walters/global/images/logos/web-logos/square-logo.png
Are you a driven and enthusiastic Compliance professional? Do you really want to make impact within a changing and international environment? Are you a real team player? Then this could be interesting for you. For an international bank in Amsterdam, we are looking for a Senior Compliance Officer.
The Senior Compliance Officer provides compliance support to the business lines; this involves being able to engage/build a strong relationship with the Business and other relevant functions in the Bank. You will be a subject matter expert towards business lines on regulatory and FEC compliance matters. The Senior Compliance Officer demonstrates in-depth knowledge and understanding of a wide range of compliance matters. You will report directly to the Head of Compliance.
- Exercise and organize common (day-to-day) and specific responsibilities in the key compliance areas: AML/CTF - KYC - TDD - Sanctions Compliance
- Testing through spot-checks of the compliance processes in place
- Quality assurance of the compliance processes
- As well as managing and working on continuous improvement of the automated compliance solutions and systems used (rules, scenarios, effectiveness, robustness)
- Advisory support to the business lines and management, concerning client relationships, transactions, existing and new legislative and regulatory provisions, as well as "best practices" and providing the interpretation and practical application of such provisions and best practices.
Developing and maintaining internal norms (e.g. compliance principles and standards as set out in policies, procedures, guidelines)
Initiate, develop and provide regular compliance training with the aim to ensure that the organization in general and the First Line of Defense in particular, abides by the regulatory norms, and to avoid instances where its staff commits any irregularities or breaches of compliance principles and standards, as well as to keep the organization up-to-date with relevant compliance trends.
Supporting or coordinating various task forces or project groups to address (newly established) compliance related issues or topics, identified deficiencies and concerns on compliance related matters, and (assist to) develop enhancement strategies, to ensure effective and efficient compliance operations, as much as possible.
- Coordinate or assist in the initial and ongoing development and implementation of the compliance risk management framework and its related activities to prevent illegal, unethical, or improper conduct.
- Identify, assess and address the compliance risks to the Bank's business activities, e.g. risks arising from new products, new business and customer relationships or the publication of advertising material
- Continuous search for improvement and rationalization of existing compliance processes.
- Represent Compliance internally or provide input at various internal committee meetings, as well as externally in relevant peer compliance networks, or with other external parties such as for instance regulators, lawyers, product specialists and auditors.
- Deal directly with regulators and industry associations, and provide input to consultation papers and other regulatory reforms.
- Track, and if necessary, take action on resolution of measures taken or recommended in response to identified deficiencies and concerns.
- Arrange for, assist in, or provide periodic compliance reporting to direct superior and/or senior management on compliance related matters.
Profile and Key Skills
- At least 4 years experience in the field of financial and economic crime compliance
- Adequate knowledge of the Dutch AML/CTF law (Wwft)
- Proven analytical skills and problem solving ability
- Self-starter, ability to work under own initiative, and enjoy and work well as part of a team
- Experienced in working within an international context, preferably in the banking industry
- Ability to read and understand the Dutch laws, regulations, guidance documents etc in the area of financial and economic crime compliance
- Good verbal and written English communication skills
- Market conform salary
- Non contributory pension
- Hybrid way of working with a daily warm free lunch at the office
- Home office compensation
- One of the best teams there is and some more interesting benefits
Are you interested in the Senior Compliance Position? Then apply as soon as possible!
Salaris: NegotiableLocatie: AmsterdamDatum online: 18 augustus 2022Are you an energetic Compliance Professional within the banking and financial services industry? Do you want to have direct impact on the organization where you work? Then keep reading.
Salaris: NegotiableLocatie: AmsterdamDatum online: 13 september 2022For an international trading company in Amsterdam we are currently looking for an Interim Procurement Specialist. Within this role, you will ensure that the right equipment is in the right place to support the client's growing business needs. It is your job to collaborate with vendors to ensure that the infrastructure projects are improved and optimized. Start: ASAP. Duration: 6 months. NOTE: working remotely is not an option for this assignment.
Salaris: NegotiableLocatie: AmsterdamDatum online: 13 september 2022For a leading financial services company with banking license, we are looking for a Senior Communications Risk Manager. One of the key focus points of the Group Risk & Compliance department is to improve communication to help achieve its strategic objectives (change programmes, global rollout of the Three lines model, strengthen the global risk community). ECB regulated and for the Amsterdam Branch.
Salaris: €70,000 - €95,000 per year + CompetitiveLocatie: AmsterdamDatum online: 12 september 2022For an international retail bank in Amsterdam we are currently recruiting for a credit risk modeller. In this role you have a big scope in a fast growing environment. Interested? Read more.
Salaris: €60,000 - €90,000 per annum + bonus, pensionLocatie: AmsterdamDatum online: 31 augustus 2022Are you a Model Validation Specialist with well-developed quantitative skills? Are you experienced with IRB Models and EBA guidelines? Do you want to work for a leading International Bank? Then keep reading.