Finance Advanced Analytics
Consultant Ton van der Kooi
Datum 26 februari 2018Zuidplein 28 1077 XV Amsterdam Robert Walters The Netherlands
Do you want to work for one of the biggest banks in the Netherlands. Do you want to be a frontrunner in financial data analytics developments that break new ground in banking? Do you want to work closely together with the Finance function and an international Advanced Analytics team? Then keep reading.
The financial world is making huge strides. Changes are taking place in rapid succession. Across the world, our client wants to play a role in these developments. We believe that clever use of data analytics with people who excel in this dynamic domain is crucial in distinguishing ourselves. For the Finance function this will contribute to for example:
- Improving forecasting skills, making it more reliable, robust and flexible. The core of financial business advice is to empower internal board / senior managers to stay a step ahead. To fulfill this task we need to propel our current forecasting abilities forward by identifying key drivers to the development of our financials and bringing soft / unstructured data in play. When we start excelling at the predictive side, we also aim to step into the realm of prescriptive analytics aiming for well-developed decision support.
- Cost efficiency improvement. An important strategic focus remains on keeping our costs in check. A data scientist can aid in making for example our accounts payable, accounts predictable. Also resource allocation could be an area where a data scientist could add significant value.
- Risk and Finance collaboration to reduce risk (costs). The data scientist can help to improve risk models (e.g. prepayment, replication) and help to better detect or predict risks by developing for example advanced network models on how markets/ companies are related or develop early indicators to detect the early stages of a financial crisis or a housing crisis.
Learning a lot and pioneering in dynamic surroundings
As a data scientist you are part of the Finance function at the bank group level, and working closely together with the International Advanced Analytics Team containing a total of 17 specialists. You are working directly with other scientists, but also with financials. You are working in dynamic surroundings where you will drive Finance innovation and new opportunities. The goal of the role is to use new data technologies and analytical methods to solve all kinds of strategic finance questions.
Who are we looking for?
You are an enthusiastic data scientist who achieves the maximum results from initiating and working in projects. You are very socially competent as well as a highly skilled communicator.
- You speak and write the English language fluently. Dutch skills is a nice to have
- You have completed a master’s degree with honors in either Econometrics, Mathematics, Statistics or another an analytical field of studies
- You have excellent coding skills in either R or Python
- You have experience in applying Machine Learning and preferably time series analytics/forecasting and data visualization
- You have affinity with the Finance function
- You have experience with initiating and managing analytics projects
- You are a self-starter who loves to explore, define and deliver
- You have experience in consultancy, advisory and are able to get quickly to the crux of the matter
- You are an excellent communicator, have excellent inter personal and networking skills
The bank offers a fulltime position (36 - 40 hours a week) with a good salary and superb fringe benefits. Apart from that, you will be given sufficient development opportunities.