Business Controller IFRS
Consultant Ton van der Kooi
Datum 18 mei 2018Zuidplein 28 1077 XV Amsterdam Robert Walters The Netherlands
Are you familiar with Budgeting, Forecasting and Financial Analysis? Do you have both well developed communication and analytical skills? Do you want to work in a role where you have exposure to senior management and board? Then keep reading.
For a fully owned subsidiary of an International Bank we are searching for a Business Controller. The banks provides standard and tailor-made products in the field of trade and structured finance, corporate banking, treasury and international money transfers.
The Finance & Control Department is mainly responsible for the following activities: reporting (Head Office, Central Bank and Annual Report), accounting (accounts payable & general ledger accounting) and control (overall analysis, management reports and support, estimates and budgeting).
Specific job responsibilities:
- Support and manage conversion from Dutch GAAP into IFRS accounting principles and disclosures;
- Monitor operational performance of Commercial Departments based on annual budget targets considering KPI’s involved;
- Coordinate annual budget procedures and support Management in preparation and update of strategic business plan and review target setting;
- Planning and coordination of annual budgeting procedures and also set up of periodic projections;
- Set up and monitoring of profit and loss statement and balance sheet for separate business activities and products;
- Frequent analytical review of daily reports with respect to asset portfolio and business related to trends in the market etc;
- Portfolio analysis, scenarios of projections based on strategic assumptions (for instance for pricing decisions, adoption of new products);
- Produce financial reports and other key data as required by Management Board and Supervisory Board (financial and business key data);
- Support (higher) management in calculations with respect to investment decisions and review financial consequences of investment plans or decisions;
- Participate in financial and IT projects in connection with upgrade of required management information;
- Coaches and advices other colleagues if required with respect to implementation of IFRS accounting principles and Regulatory requirements;
- Provides input to strategy for the future of her/his own field of expertise;
- Supports the implementation of new regulations, procedures and projects;
- Ambitious professional with a high school (HBO) or university degree (RC, RA, HEAO BE/RA +, CPA, CFA or comparable education);
- At least 3-5 years of relevant experience in the banking sector with respect to financial procedures and controls, financial products and activities;
- Knowledge of IFRS and Basel II is an important advantage;
- Awareness of developments in the business and be able to pro-actively raise issues as a result of frequent analytical reviews;
- Experienced in management reporting;
- Fluent communication skills in English (both verbally and in writing);
Skills & competencies:
- Excellent communication skills on management, auditors and external stakeholders level;
- Strong analytical and numerical skills;
- Excellent computer skills (MS Office);
- Reliable, flexible, pro-active, self starting approach;
- Able to work accurately, under high pressure within fixed and short timeframes;
- Able to understand basics of certain complex financial or business issues and to translate into propositions for alternatives of relevant solutions;
- Willing to work in a small team and to take ownership;
- Result and quality oriented;
The bank offers you the opportunity to develop yourself in a broad and responsible role. You will be offered a good salary, depending on your experience. The bank is located in Amsterdam.
Are you interested in the role of Business Controller? Then apply as soon as possible.