Finance & Control Officer
Locatie Den Haag
Consultant Martijn Boet
Datum 4 juli 2018Zuidplein 28 1077 XV Amsterdam Robert Walters The Netherlands
Our client is an international mediumsized bank focussing on investments in developing countries. Have you been working for a public accounting firm for approximately 5 years and are you looking to broaden your horizon? Would you like to make an important contribution to further professionalize the Finance and Control function? Please continue reading.
The main responsibility for the Finance & Control Officer will be to contribute to the administrative organisation and internal control (AO/IC) and set up the standard operating processes and procedures related to Finance. Other responsibilities of the Finance & Control officer will be related to IFRS financial reporting, project-involvement and one of the key contacts for the external auditor. Important selection criteria for the ideal candidate is the ability to grow beyond the numbers and over time develop a helicopter view over the company from a financial and operational perspective.
Education & skills
- Master’s degree (Finance, Economics, Accounting, Business management) and preferably with specific post-graduate training in the area of accounting and controlling.
- Minimum of 5 years proven work experience in a public accounting firm.
- In-depth knowledge of internal control structures and preferably have an in-depth understanding of administrative organisation and internal control (AO/IC).
- From an operational point of view, provide hands-on support in identifying control weaknesses and (support) the implementation of controls.
- Professionally skeptic, knowledgeable and solution oriented with a hands-on attitude.
- Organized, sensitive to deadlines and set risk-based priorities.
- Good team player, communicative and persuasive with focus on adding value.
- Relevant experience in financial industry is a prerequisite as well as good experience of IFRS-based reporting regulations.
If you are interested in this challenging role please respond directly though our website.
For additional information please contact Martijn Boet