Group Financial Controller
Salaris €75,000 - €100,000 per year
Consultant Ton van der Kooi
Datum 3 augustus 2018 2018-08-032018-10-02 banking Zuidplein 28 1077 XV Amsterdam Robert Walters The Netherlands
Are you a Financial with extensive annual accounts experience in an international environment? Do you have experience in the banking industry and do you want to work for a leading bank on Group level? Then keep reading.
For an International and Innovative Bank I am searching for a Group Financial Controller.
Your Work Environment
Group Finance is the corporate staff department responsible for the external financial and regulatory reporting. Within Group Finance, statutory reporting is responsible for the IFRS consolidated financial statements, SEC reporting and Financial Reporting (FINREP) to the ECB. This includes maintaining the day-to-day relationship with the auditors, other corporate staff departments and taking the ownership for setting the requirements of the reporting process, control model and data requirements underlying the different reports.
This is a dynamic environment as requirements and expectations of all stakeholders are continuously increasing. Besides external stakeholders, which includes auditors, supervisors, but also industry groups, the department supports internal stakeholders by providing insight in key developments and advising on the impact of regulatory and financial developments.
Tasks & Responsibilities
- Within the department you will become part of a team that is mainly focussed on
preparation of the annual- and interim financial statements of the Group N.V. and Bank N.V. as well as the SEC reporting (form 20F/ 6K);
- Analysing and understanding the key developments in the consolidated statutory (related) reports;
- Participation in projects to implement new accounting standards, improve the reporting processes and data quality;
- To maintain a solid control framework to ensure the integrity of the statutory reports, including the interdependencies with other domains, and on a sample basis test the effectiveness of the key controls in place;
- The functional ownership and maintenance of the Group standard chart of accounts, consolidation and report structures etc.
Within the team you are one of the key persons who contributes to the consolidated monthly-, quarterly- and year-end financial reports. Together with the team you are responsible that the statutory financial reports comply with IFRS / SEC requirements. Your main tasks are:
- You review notes/ disclosures on consolidated level and liaise with Finance network team to follow-up on questions/ corrections.
- You are the owner of certain notes/ disclosures allocated within the team. For those notes you ensure sufficient level of control over the information provided by local entities and document your controls for Sox/ audit purposes.
- You contribute to the consolidated analytical review memo and provide input for the narrative and tables to be included in the Annual Accounts. For certain topics you prepare, usually in cooperation with the Policies and Procedures department, accounting memo’s for Senior Management, Disclosure Committee or Audit Committee.
- Advise management on the impact of changes during the implementation of statutory requirements and present an impact analysis;
- Discuss business-as-usual topics with the IFRS-policies team and the accountant;
You work together with specialists from other staff departments (corporate communications, sustainability, legal, risk etc.) in order to complete the various sections in the Group Integrated Report.
Knowledge & Experience
- You will have experience in the area of reporting and/or auditing and has in depth and up-to-date knowledge of IFRS and preferably SEC/ US GAAP reporting requirements;
- You have more than 5 to 7 years working experience within the financial sector, preferably in the area of financial reporting;
- Fluent in English, both written and verbal;
- You bring a global perspective and cultural sensitivity;
Behaviours & Competences
- Building is key for success in this role;
- Superb analytical skills, with the ability to understand the “big picture” while having an eye for detail;
- Good communication and persuasion skills and be able to present complex issues in a simple and understandable way to both internal and external stakeholders;
- Have a pro-active attitude and ability to operate in a demanding and changing environment;
- Team player that can build bridges across functions;
You can demonstrate that you hold at least a Master degree in the areas of accountancy (RA) or business administration;
You will be offered personal growth & challenging work, an open and dynamic environment and a progressive and forward looking mentality. Moreover, you will be offered a market salary with good secondary benefits.
Are you interested in the role of Group Financial Controller? Then apply as soon as possible.