Consultant Ton van der Kooi
Datum 5 september 2018 2018-09-052018-10-16 insurance Zuidplein 28 1077 XV Amsterdam Robert Walters The Netherlands
Do you want to work for an international company and a strong brand? Do you like to work in a small and qualified team with high professional standards? Then keep reading.
For a big International Insurance company, with a branche in Amstelveen, I am searching for a Reporting Accountant.
The Reporting Accountant will be part of the Financial Control & Reporting team based in Amstelveen and will report directly into the Financial Control & Reporting manager. The primary purpose of the role is to be a strong contributor to the monthly, quarterly and annual financial close process which include, amongst others, will include:
- Group reporting under IFRS
- Regulatory reporting currently under IFRS (potentially Belgium GAAP in the near future)
- Regulatory reporting under Solvency II principles
- Compliance with the Group Internal Control Framework
- Preparation and overview of close instructions and timelines
- Operating effective financial processes and controls for the entity
- Preparation and review of Group reporting templates both in HFM as off-line
- Analysis of periodic results and preparation of (draft) management information both on a periodic as ad-hoc basis
- Contribute to quarterly and annual Solvency II reporting
- Prepare draft Financial Statements
- Contribute to effective management of the audit processes for the European branches
- Operating effective risk management processes
- Reporting – Understand the IFRS financial reporting requirements and report the statutory accounts accordingly
- Service – Understand the financial needs in order to provide financial support for the full range of services required.
- Accounting – Responsibility for the preparation of timely and accurate monthly management and group reporting, annual statutory accounts and regulatory returns
- Quality Assurance – manage outputs ensuring that the ultimate customers can rely on the quality of production and to provide assurance over accuracy of financial results by senior management.
- Technical Knowledge – keep up to date with technical accounting (IFRS) and regulatory developments.
- Risk Management – understand and maintain the Finance risk management framework consistent with the Group’s risk management process.
Qualifications, Skills and Experience
- Preferably a number of years’ experience in a big4 audit role or an international company involving group consolidation activity
- Strong technical accounting knowledge (GAAP, IFRS)
- Understanding of financial accounting systems, reporting tools and related control framework
- Understanding of the fundamentals of investment policy and accounting
- Good awareness of relevant regulatory requirements (Solvency II)
- Strong team player
- Project management experience to include timetable management
- Strong communication skills, fluent in Dutch and English, understanding of French and or German is a plus
- Good analytical skills
You will be offered a challenging and international working environment where you have the chance to travel for your work. You will receive a market salary with good secondary benefits.
Are you interested in the position of Reporting Accountant? Then apply as soon as possible.