Senior IFRS Accounting Specialist
Consultant Ton van der Kooi
Datum 12 september 2018 2018-09-122018-11-11 banking Zuidplein 28 1077 XV Amsterdam Robert Walters The Netherlands
Do you want to work in an international role for one of the biggest banks in the Netherlands? Do you have strong IFRS knowledge? Are you experienced in hedge accounting or familiar with the valuation of derivatives? Then keep reading.
For one of the biggest international banks of the Netherlands I am searching for a Senior IFRS Accounting Specialist for the Hedge Accounting Center. The hedge Accounting Centre is a global Centre of Excellence tasked with further developing the banks application of hedge accounting. This includes supporting all locations globally with their hedge accounting ambitions and designing hedge accounting solution.
In your role you advise Group Treasury front office teams and senior Finance stakeholders. This can be, but is not limited to, designing new hedge accounting concepts, optimize hedge accounting within the Group, advise locations globally on their local hedge accounting needs and prepare assessments relating to regulatory and market changes and their impact on hedge accounting.
Your working environment
As a Senior IFRS Accounting Specialist, you work within an enthusiastic high value specialist team (6 FTE). The team has a global reach and works with a broad spectrum of internal stakeholders. The team is part of the Group Treasury Finance team.
Next to being accurate, and a cooperative team player with a strong customer focus, the right candidate would:
- Be a strong problem analyser and solver
- Be quality oriented
- Quickly familiarize yourself with new subject matters
- Reliable and convincing discussion partner
- Creative and socially skillful professional
- Excellent writing and presentation skills in order to clearly set out concepts and to produce concise documents
Experience and Knowledge required
- A master degree, preferably in Auditing or in a comparable study
- Preferable post-master degree in auditing (e.g. RA, CPA, CA)
- Knowledge of IFRS (preferably Hedge Accounting, IAS 39, IFRS 9)
- Knowledge of the valuation of derivatives
- Fluent in English, both spoken and in writing.
The bank offers you the chance to develop your skills in a international environment with high standards. Depending on your ambitions, it possible to travel for your work (Singapore, London, Prague etc.). You will receive a full-time contract for 36 or 40 hours a week. The bank offers a good salary with excellent secondary benefits.
Are you interested in the role of Senior IFRS Accounting Specialist? The apply as soon as possible.