International Financial Controller
Consultant Ton van der Kooi
Datum 13 september 2018Zuidplein 28 1077 XV Amsterdam Robert Walters The Netherlands
Do you have both strong financial and stakeholder management skills. Are you experience in or familiar with the banking industry? Do you want to work in a key financial and international oriented role? Then keep reading.
Our client, one of the biggest Dutch Banks, is searching for a International Financial Controller. The role is in the Finance Network team within Group Finance, so at the International Head office of the bank.
Group Finance / External reporting is the corporate staff department responsible for the external financial and regulatory reporting. Within this department, the Group Finance Network team is responsible for the control and oversight function of Group Finance towards the global network. In this capacity the team is the linking pin between Group Finance and the locations and maintains the functional relationship with local finance departments. This includes maintaining the day-to-day relationship and taking ownership for management of the global reporting process. The various stakeholders are supported with instructions, interpretations, and advice regarding reporting requirements. This is a dynamic environment as requirements in financial and regulatory environment are continuously increasing.
Task and Responsibilities
You will be part of a team that is mainly focused on analysing and understanding the key developments in the data submissions from locations and the Finance service centre, but also ensures the compliance of those submissions with statutory and regulatory requirements. The objective is to ensure timely, accurate and complete data submissions from locations so that the bank can comply with the reporting requirements at all times.
The main tasks are:
- Be the first point of contact for locations and other data delivery parties, and in that role ensure that the global financial and regulatory reporting process works efficiently;
- Prepare and send quarterly instructions to the locations and other data delivering parties and manage the global reporting process;
- Perform an analytical review to understand developments in the reports, based on your knowledge of the local business, and check consistency between reports;
- Reviewing and challenge all submissions from the locations regarding statutory and regulatory reporting.
- Perform thematic reviews or deep dives; maintain a solid control framework towards the entities to ensure the integrity of the statutory and regulatory reports, including the interdependencies with other domains, by reviewing sign-offs, in control statements, doing site visits etc.;
- Execution of Group Finance owned controls in the reporting process
Behaviours and Competences
- Analytical skills to perform analytical review on statutory and regulatory reports and the ability to challenge assumptions and perform an impact analysis on reporting issues.
- Communication and persuasion skills to perform relationship management with international stakeholders using a global perspective and cultural sensitivity.
- Pro-active attitude driving problem resolution, process enhancements and regulatory reporting changes (projects) with tenacity.
- Collaboration skills, team player with the ability to operate independently (self-starter) and to build bridges across functions
- Presentation skills with ability to translate complicated reporting issues and requirements into key messages.
- Fluent English (verbal and writing)
- Ability to cope with work-pressure and work with deadlines being dependent on others.
- Ability to travel when necessary
- At least Bachelor’s degree, preferably in the areas of accountancy, business administration of finance and control.
- By preference more than three years of experience in or with external reporting in the banking industry
- Financial audit experience is an advantage
- Profound knowledge of IFRS, including IFRS 7, 9, and 13 and/or, profound knowledge of the CRR, specifically liquidity (LCR) and FINREP.
- Experience in the implementation of regulatory reporting changes (projects), and resolving reporting issues including stakeholder management.
- Presenting reporting issues in key messages to a broader senior audience
- MS Office (Excel, Word, PowerPoint and Access).
The bank offers you an opportunity in an international role at the heart of the bank. with extensive learning opportunities. You will work in the heart of the bank. They offer a market salary, depending on your experience, with good secondary benefits. Additionally, the bank provides an environment with excellent learning opportunities.
Are you interested in the role of International Financial Controller? Then apply as soon as possible.