Team Lead Accounting
Salaris €50,000 - €65,000 per year + + bonus
Consultant Ton van der Kooi
Datum 17 oktober 2018Zuidplein 28 1077 XV Amsterdam Robert Walters The Netherlands
Do you strong collaboration skills and experience or the ambition to lead a team? Do you want to work for an international Financial Services company? Then keep reading.
For an international Insurance company in Amstelveen I am searching for a Team Lead Accounting. This role places an emphasis on supervising the accounting team. The role forms part of the cross regional Finance Operations team which is the shared service team for all finance operations. Customers across Finance and Business areas will rely on high quality, controlled and timely information. Key business decisions will be based on information produced and, as such, it is imperative that processes are controlled and outputs are challenged and verified. Close relationships will need to be maintained with all areas Finance and Business involved in the creation, supply or receipt of financial services.
Responsible for leading and supervising:
- the financial accounting processes and accounting ledger maintenance for the location/country
- all financial controls for the location/country
- the preparation, timeliness and accuracy of the monthly closings
- the preparation, timeliness and accuracy of all local reporting
Provide a proactive, professional and high quality finance service to the Finance Operations department in Europe that offers maximum service levels and minimizes costs where possible.
The role will take day to day responsibility for the following areas:
- Day to day maintenance of accounting records, including accounting services, reconciliations and management of the general ledgers;
- Financial governance including monitoring of all relevant financial control processes and quality checks to ensure accurate date is produced;
The Team Lead will be supervising the Finance Operations accounting team of in the Netherlands and will be expected to look for operational efficiencies and improvements wherever possible. The Team Lead therefore must have excellent accounting and business knowledge.
Key Result Areas.
1. Service: To understand the accounting operations needs of the location/country and to provide the full range of accounting operations required within agreed service levels and timeframes.
2. Accounting: Responsible for the maintenance of complete and accurate accounting records including month-end reconciliations and substantiation files.
3. Collaboration: Collaborate with Tax, FP&A, Actuary and Treasury. Build strong relationships which enable collaboration to increase operational efficiency across teams.
4. Variance analysis. Performing analytical review and explanation of variances in P&L and B/S accounts.5. Financial control framework. Supporting the maintenance and development of the financial control framework (processes and controls) including adherence to Group policies. To ensure the embedding of the financial control framework in the day to day activities of the Financial Operations team.
6. Quality assurance. Production of all outputs to an agreed quality standard ensuring that the recipients can rely on the quality. To self-review work or to peer review where appropriate.
7. Technical Knowledge. Keeps up to date with technical accounting and regulatory developments.
8. Risk management. Understand and support the MS Amlin Finance risk management framework consistent with the Group’s risk management processes. This will include ensuring that all finance risks are identified, controls are in place and regularly monitored.
- Professional Bachelor accountant with at least 5 years relevant working experience
- Strong technical accopunting knowledge
- Solid knowledge of financial processes, systems and controls
- Strong Business Awereness
- Financial Services experiemce required
- Ability to supervise the team and to manage timetables
- Strong collaboration skills
- Good understanding of Risk and Controls
You will receive a market salary with good secondary benefits including a bonus. The job offers also broad and international development opportunities.
Are you interested in the role of Team Lead Accounting? Then apply as soon as possible.