Regulatory Affairs Manager
Salaris €80,000 - €90,000 per year
Consultant Ton van der Kooi
Datum 27 november 2018 2018-11-27banking Zuidplein 28 1077 XV Amsterdam Robert Walters
Do you want to work in a key and international oriented role? Are you able to manage the daily regulatory affairs of a leading international group? Do you have strong stakeholder management skills? Then keep reading.
For one of the biggest international banks, with a European Head Office in Amsterdam, I am searching for a Regulatory Affairs Manager.
The Regulatory Affairs Manager will support communication with the Bank’s regulators and monitor and report regulatory changes and provide direction and professional advice to stakeholders in the bank. The function will support to manage the regulatory agenda and report open actions, manage regulatory contact database, and support coordination of regulatory visits and collection of required materials, support maintenance and implementation of relevant policies and procedures.
The function is part of the Regulatory & Program Office, which next to the Department Head will so far consist of a Regulatory Affairs, Programme Management and the Policy officer. The function reports to the Head of Regulatory Affairs, who reports to the head of Regulatory & Program Office (RPO).
The role gives guidance and support in handling regulatory affairs and regulatory submissions, monitors development in the regulatory landscape and provides support in the development and implementation of policies and programmes in the Netherlands and support to its branches and subsidiaries.
Tasks and requirements
- Provide support to the Management Board, the Head of RPO and the Head of Regulatory Affairs in the day-to-day communication with the Bank’s regulators.
- Provide advice to the Management Board, the Head of RPO and the Head of Regulatory Affairs on the regulatory engagement framework.
- Provide regulatory support and advice to the business areas and other stakeholders as a centre of expertise in managing regulatory affairs, projects and policy development in line with the agreed business objectives to meet all relevant internal and external regulatory/statutory requirements.
- Monitor that potential and actual regulatory breaches are identified and escalated in accordance with prevailing governance standards.
- Support to coordinate regulatory visits in the banks head office and support branches, facilitate collection of required information and documentation, organise facilities.
- Support to coordinate and facilitate regulatory communication, cooperate with the MB and Compliance division to support regulatory communication in the branches and subsidiaries.
- Provide senior management information about the regulatory agenda, open actions and facilitate information sharing.
- Maintain database with regulatory interactions and monitoring progress of existing open action points.
- Keep abreast of changes in law, regulations and market practice as it affects the bank and submit recommendations for action and assisting subject divisions in implementation thereof.
- Assess possible high-level impact of any changes in the legal environment on the operations of the undertaking concerned and the identification and assessment of the related risks.
- Setting up and maintaining all necessary regulatory documentation, including the set-up of a database, in line with the relevant procedures and regulations.
- Ensure that all issues and enquiries raised by the regulatory authorities (both internal and external) are responded to in a timely and effective manner.
- Provides advisory service in support of the compliance division to be able to adhere with all relevant external regulatory requirements and statutory requirements as well as internal requirements applicable to the bank.
- Liaise and consult with the Head Office on regulatory affairs, policies and projects in a collegiate manner, serving the interest of the group.
Educations and skills
- The function requires comprehensive knowledge at University level and wide practical experience across a number of financial services disciplines
- A significant number of years of experience in working in a risk, compliance or legal function of an international financial institution or professional service firm.
- Relevant experience in dealing/contact with the regulator(s). (At the minimum with the local regulator, DNB)
- Good knowledge of key relevant legal, regulatory and statutory requirements, technical interpretation and the ability to provide advice thereon.
- Able to formulate own business area plans and strategy taking into account the wider business unit strategies and requirements.
- Pro-actively develops and maintains relationships with a wide range of keys contacts in different geographical locations.
- Also an up-to-date understanding, of the wider financial services industry, regulatory changes and pertinent economic and political factors which may impact on financial sector.
- High level of personal independence.
- Complex problem solving and delegation skills.
- Strong networking and influencing skills.
- Verbal and written communication skills in English is essential (skilled in Dutch is an asset).
The bank offers you the opportunity to exploit your knowledge and skills in an international oriented role and in a big and leading International Group, where you work in the European Head Office. You will be offered a market salary with good secondary benefits.
Are you interested in the role of Regulatory Affairs Manager? Then apply as soon as possible.