Assistant Business Controller
Salaris €60,000 - €70,000 per year
Consultant Tess Lean
Datum 21 februari 2019 2019-02-212019-04-16 financial-services Amsterdam North Holland NL EUR 60000 70000 70000 YEAR Robert Walters https://www.robertwalters.nl
Are you an efficient, driven and detail-oriented Finance Professional with 3+ years of Financial/Business Control experience? Would you like the opportunity to develop yourself in a highly successful Holding company that owns and manages a wide variety of Retail, Real estate, Charity and Private Equity Investment Management businesses worldwide? If so, keep reading.
My client, an international Holding and Service company which also provides high-quality services to its clientele in the Netherlands and abroad (such as finance, tax and legal advice, estate and inheritance planning and fund management) is looking to hire an ambitious, results-driven Assistant Business Controller to join their Amsterdam branch.
You will report to the Finance Manager and Finance Business Partner for the Netherlands entity, and the main purpose of your role is to support the Controllers in the preparation of quarterly management reporting tasks, in the local year-end reporting process and the preparation of the annual accounts of the Dutch-based entities.
Principal Assistant Business Controller accountabilities will include:
Management reporting / Controlling tasks (70%)
- Provide guidance and support to the cost center owners in preparing budget and forecast as financial coordinator
- Monitor and analyse results (actuals) against budget / outlook
- Review and analyses of bookkeeping ledgers for various entities and its cost centers
- Ensure delivering accurate, timely and complete financial data (actuals, budget and outlook) based on group instructions
- Monitor and update up-load interfaces into the Cognos reporting tooling
- Reconciliation between management and financial reporting
- Supports the Controller in the review, analysis and comment over all management results
Financial reporting tasks (30%)
- Bookkeeping of various Dutch reporting entities
- Preparation of yearly statutory financial statements
- Preparation of Group reporting packages based on IFRS
- Calculation of tax provision, preparation of tax returns and VAT reporting for holding and service companies
- A Master or Bachelor Degree (WO level) in Economics/Business Administration, Registered Controller/Accountant, or equivalent qualification
- At least 3+ years of business experience in Budgeting, Controlling & Accounting, gained in an international environment
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills and high level of accuracy in execution. Service-oriented person, responsible with good work organisational skills
- Native speaker in Dutch, fluent in English (oral and written)
This is an excellent opportunity for a talented and career-driven Assistant Business Controller to develop themselves in a highly successful, international Holding company.
If you are interested in this exciting opportunity click to apply