Consultant Rutger Schapers
Datum 4 april 20192019-04-18 2019-06-03 property-and-housing Amsterdam North Holland NL EUR 60000 69000 69000 YEAR Robert Walters https://www.robertwalters.nl
Do you have at least 5 years of experience in accounting or control? Do you aspire to translate the story behind the numbers in order to make forecasts, determine budgets and review management reports? Then you are the Business Controller we’re looking for.
Our client, a Real Estate Management Firm, is looking for a Business Controller to join their team in Amsterdam. In this role, you’ll be managing several internal and external stakeholders and partner with the business from a financial point of view.
Tasks and Responsibilities
- Provides accounting and analytical support to the account management team by working as a financial partner in analysing ways to improve their profitability.
- Partnering with business to understand the drivers causing the budget versus actual variances and, when necessary, recommends corrective action.
- Supporting the operations in the preparation of annual project-site profit plans, budgets and forecasts for the organization and relevant customer fiscal year reporting periods and uploads to financial system.
- Supporting the timely and accurate monthly, quarterly and annual reporting of actual financial results to the organization and the customer including appropriate account reconciliation and variance analysis.
- Supports in the definition of financial processes, reflecting both client and the organization’s internal requirements.
- Effectively manages and supports the financial administration team and ensures that all aspects of financial accounting and reporting are in compliance with appropriate organizational and client’s policies and procedures.
- Define and structure financial (internal and external) processes for the strategic account and closely work with IT to effectively set-up all systems.
Skills and Requirements
- Bachelor’s / Master’s degree in Finance or Accounting.
- At least 5 years of experience in accounting or control.
- Experience with monthly closing.
- Fluent in both Dutch and English.
- Ability to lead a team and be comfortable in a complex matrix organization.
- Superior excel skills and other MS office Tools.
- Strong analytical skills and strong attention to detail.
- Excellent verbal and written communications skills.
- Able to deal with ad-hoc client requests.
- Knowledge of Oracle, Hyperion and/or other relational databases is a plus.
Our client is a large and international organization with locations all over the world. Therefore, the role has a strong (international) growth perspective. This can be in the same department, as well as across departments focussing on other aspects of Real Estate. Furthermore, working flexible is possible, you’ll have 25 days of annual leave and a good pension scheme.
Are you interested in the role? Then apply as soon as possible.