Interim Chief Operations and Outsourcing Officer
Consultant Tim Vermeulen
Datum 24 mei 20192019-06-19 2019-06-23 banking Amsterdam North Holland NL EUR 100 150 150 HOUR Robert Walters https://www.robertwalters.nl https://www.robertwalters.nl/content/dam/robert-walters/global/images/logos/web-logos/logo.gif
For an international bank in the Amsterdam area, I am currently recruiting an interim Chief Operations and Outsourcing Officer. Start: a.s.a.p. Duration: Undefined.
The purpose of this role is the design and set up of the permanent Chief Operations and Outsourcing Officer position, which is to be in place on the go live date of the client's Amsterdam subsidiary. The Chief Operations and Outsourcing Officer will provide leadership to the Amsterdam subsidiary Operations team.
This role will have a direct impact on the way the Amsterdam subsidiary will effectively hold oversight over and manage the considerable amount of outsourced activities to client's group. Having effective control and oversight over such function is a key requirement set by our DNB regulator.
Key role responsibilities include:
- Set up a robust and sustainable control framework for outsourced services compliant with local regulatory requirements. Set up operating rhythms with outsourced services providers and internal stakeholders.
- Ensure key performance indicators are agreed upon with the relevant stakeholders. Partner with SLA consultants abroad to ensure the former is appropriately documented in SLAs with client's subsidiaries.
- Ensure key processes are documented through standard operating procedures (SOP), which allow an orderly handover to permanent fulfilment of this role in due course as well as to mitigate key person dependency risk.
- Make an inventory and get intimately involved with key processes and systems. Establish an operating rhythm with key stakeholders to determine revisions to revisions/additions to SLAs. Understand and define escalation routes for high risk process breakdowns.
- Positively contribute and collaborate with the wider (international) Finance & operations team.
- Positively contribute to performance culture.
Key skills, experience & qualifications:
- Minimum 10 years + experience in Operations Finance and IT acquired in the financial services industry.
- COO experience in reputable multinational bank is a must.
- Awareness of industry changes and research literature and ability and willingness to educate others and propose adoption in the context of the client’s model.
- Good understanding of Financial Markets products – essentially MM, securities, swaps and other derivatives.
- Demonstrated solid project management skills including system implementation trajectories.
- Ability to work under pressure in a non-structured start-up environment.
- Flexible workstyle and comfortable dealing with ambiguity.
- Excellent Communication skills. Transparent.
- Strong Microsoft office skills; tech savvy.
- Graduate qualifications in finance, business and/or economics.
- Post graduate qualification RA ("Register Accountant") or RC ("Register Controller") or MBA.
If you are interested, please send your cv to firstname.lastname@example.org or contact me at +31(0)622375909.