Salaris €70,000 - €90,000 per year
Consultant Ton van der Kooi
Datum 2 juli 20192019-07-02 2019-08-31 banking Amsterdam North Holland NL EUR 70000 90000 90000 YEAR Robert Walters https://www.robertwalters.nl https://www.robertwalters.nl/content/dam/robert-walters/global/images/logos/web-logos/square-logo.png
Are you an articulate Finance Professional with Banking experience? Do you want to have a crucial role in the Finance Department of a large North American Bank? Then keep reading.
Our client is a large bank in North America. They operate around the globe and serve their clients and customers in Retail and Wholesale Banking. One of the bank’s key guiding principles is to be an extraordinary place to work.
The Netherlands based subsidiary has played an important role in the strategy and performance of the overall group and as the only "mainland" Europe banking operation, it is expected to continue to play a key role in the future within the group.
The Finance team is comprised of 7 individuals reporting into the Senior Manager/CFO. The team performs a wide variety of tasks from back office operations, to financial and regulatory reporting, to treasury and liquidity risk management. The group is responsible for delivering reporting and results to, several stakeholders including the parent, external auditors and De Nederlandsche Bank N.V. (DNB). In addition, the Finance team supports Tax and VAT compliance.
The position will conduct analysis, reporting and reviews as required by management and other stakeholders. Advice and guidance on areas of expertise will be offered to relevant stakeholders including Finance senior management and Management Board.
The bank currently prepares stand-alone legal entity financial statements in accordance with Dutch Generally Accepted Accounting Principles (GAAP) and will adopt International Financial Reporting Standards (IFRS) for the annual period beginning on November 1, 2019. This position will play a lead role in the project to set up and transition the banks accounting and financial reporting in accordance with IFRS.
Responsibilities and Tasks
- Produce and review monthly and quarterly financial reporting for legal entity and internal reporting for the bank’s consolidation, including supplementary information supporting financial disclosures
- Oversee and support back office operations supporting the investment portfolio including trade confirmations, trade booking, settlements, and reconciliations
- Act as business lead and work with the project team to successfully complete the IFRS transition project
- Develop and maintain management reporting including dashboards and analytics to support senior management's review of business results and trends
- Manage the Annual Accounts process, including producing the financial statements and note disclosures, liaise with external auditors and provide information supporting annual audit
- Ensure that best practice is followed and any business changes are correctly implemented
- Update relevant policy documentation to provide to relevant stakeholders
- Review reporting procedures to identify and resolve problems and with a focus on efficiency while maintaining an effective control environment
- Establish relationships with relevant persons, internal and external to the organization, to ease the transfer and communication of information on a timely basis
- Reporting to this position is the back-office operations and financial reporting team comprised of 3 individuals. This role will be responsible to:
Education and skills
- University degree or business school diploma
- Experience in the Financial Industry
- From 5 years relevant work experience in Financial Reporting and/or External Audit.
- IFRS knowledge and experience
- Well-develop Excel and Stakeholder Management Skills
You will be offered a market salary with good secondary benefits. You will join an international organization with extensive international growth opportunities. The bank is located in Amsterdam.
Are you interested in the role of Finance Manager? Then apply as soon as possible.