Manager Financial Accounting & Statutory Reporting
Salaris €65,000 - €80,000 per annum + bonus
Consultant Ton van der Kooi
Datum 14 augustus 20192019-08-14 2019-10-13 banking Amsterdam North Holland NL EUR 65000 80000 80000 YEAR Robert Walters https://www.robertwalters.nl https://www.robertwalters.nl/content/dam/robert-walters/global/images/logos/web-logos/square-logo.png
Do you want to work for a leading European Banking Group? Are you an experienced Accountant or Controller with exposure to Treasury or Banking? Then keep reading.
In the role of Manager Accounting & Statutory Reporting you are responsible for the preparation of statutory accounting. This includes activities around the G/L month end process and consolidation of financial information. The role will be responsible for the accounting of the Treasury function and the Netherlands Branch. The role will report to the Senior Manager Statutory Reporting and is based in Amsterdam.
- Preparation of the statutory reporting requirements of the Netherlands branch and Treasury functions. This includes the preparation and review of accounts for month end, quarterly, half year and year end reporting. Preparation of financial reports and analysis to management and supervisory board where required.
- Preparation of monthly / weekly P&L, reconciliations, risk attribution and explain market-based commentary, signoffs, issue resolution and escalation
- Preparation of analysis and reconciliation of P&L and Balance Sheet including commentary tied to market / product / coverage
- Operates as contact person for any GL related queries for local/group colleagues and departments
- Support and challenge the local treasury team to ensure they understand and can articulate the financial performance of the treasury function
- Support the external auditors with queries and review of financial statements.
- Manage all local finance processes including all invoice and expense processing.
- Deliver Finance related input to projects in relation to G/L finance processes, e.g. support requirements gathering, implementation or testing.
- Build, develop and maintain strong “trust” relationships
- Supervises the activities of a small team to ensure that service and quality standards and audit requirements are achieved. Ensure delivery of the highest possible service and advice by assisting in the development of staff to meet current and future requirements.
- Support and coach part qualified colleagues in the swift resolution of complex multi-faceted issues.
- Business Master degree in Finance with focus on accounting, controlling, audit. CA, ACA CIMA preferred.
- Knowledge of Accounting standards and discloses
- Experience with managing a small team
- At least 5 years experiences in financial reporting and statutory accounting. Experience of Treasury functions beneficial
- Good accounting skills in an IFRS related environment (no banking experience required)
- Good analytical and conceptual skills
- Good skills in Excel and accounting software - ideally Oracle/SAP/SUMMIT
- Proactive, enthusiastic & motivated team player
- Experience of working in large, international matrix structures
- Ability to consistently produce accurate work within tight timescales
- Good verbal and written communications skills in English
The position is for 40 hours per week with a salary in line with the market and excellent secondary employee benefits. The office is in Amsterdam.
Are you interested in the role of Manager Accounting & Statutory Reporting? Then keep reading.