Salaris bonus, pension
Consultant Ton van der Kooi
Datum 5 september 20192019-09-05 2019-11-04 financial-services Amsterdam North Holland NL EUR 75000 100000 100000 YEAR Robert Walters https://www.robertwalters.nl https://www.robertwalters.nl/content/dam/robert-walters/global/images/logos/web-logos/square-logo.png
Are you a broad financial with an analytical mind and investigating personality? Do you want to be part of a family sized environment which is part of a large, global bank? Then you are the Head of Finance we are looking for.
For one of the largest financial groups globally we are searching for a Head of Finance. In response to the Brexit, it is the banks priority to continue to provide their EU clients with access to the global financial markets. The Netherlands has been chosen as the new strategic headquarters of its banking business and is setting up a securities entity in Amsterdam.
Tasks and responsibilities
The successful candidate will oversee all aspects of the finance function ensuring an appropriate level of control and governance is applied. Key aspects of the finance function are split across a range of component activities as set out below:
Product Control - support department for Front and other Middle office areas playing an active role ensuring the firm's profit and loss and risks are managed and reported.
- Profit and Loss reporting: Providing Management and the Business Units with key financial information via the P&L reporting and analysis process in a timely and accurate manner. Ensuring all P&L is fully explained via attribution to risk parameter movements and deal activity as well as market-linked commentaries.
- IPV and Valuations: Providing Management and the Business Units with independent validation of market data, model inputs and official valuations vs 3rd party sources to ensure all positions are accurately valued.
- Provisions and Adjustments: Ensuring the accuracy and sufficiency of reserves and valuation adjustments to support new and existing products and businesses in line with the firm’s overall strategy.
Financial reporting, accounting control and policy - support department responsible for maintaining and developing adequate controls over the books and records of the firm, including liaison with local and international finance members and auditors.
- Revenue balance controls: including reconciliation of revenues to source systems.
- Control of Oracle GL: including reconciliations to source systems, parallel systems and certain downstream systems to ensure accuracy of balances. Liaison with Finance IT support team.
- Balance sheet substantiation: including oversight & co-ordination of firm wide quarterly substantiation exercise.
- Co-ordinate with the group Accounting Policy function(s) ensuring consistent and appropriate application of policies.
- Local IFRS statutory accounts including directors & strategic reports and related business performance and risk summaries.
- Liaise with local and international audit teams as required.
Financial Planning and analysis - support department responsible for producing accurate and timely management information.
Tax accounting and strategy - support department responsible for producing tax calculations, ensuring compliance with regional jurisdiction rules and related submission and sign off of returns. Direct support to the trading desks on an ad-hoc basis.
Information Data Management – review department responsible for producing daily reporting including P&L, Risk and regulatory output.
Education and skills
The successful candidate will have:
- Experience in banking environment with knowledge of securities, trading, derivatives, etc.
- Bachelor degree or greater in accounting, finance, economics or similar
- Experience setting up and maintaining a similar role highly advantageous but not essential
- Strong stakeholder management skills
- Excellent command of the English language (written and spoken)
The successful candidate will have the opportunity to join a newly set up office in Amsterdam with a high level of responsibility. You will be offered a good salary including excellent secondary benefits.
Are you interested in the role of Finance Manager? Then apply as soon as possible