(Senior) IFRS Reporting Specialist
Salaris €50,000 - €100,000 per annum + Bonus, Car, Pension
Consultant Dave Duim
Datum 12 september 20192019-09-20 2019-11-11 financial-services Amsterdam North Holland NL EUR 50000 100000 100000 YEAR Robert Walters https://www.robertwalters.nl https://www.robertwalters.nl/content/dam/robert-walters/global/images/logos/web-logos/square-logo.png
Do you have experience with relevant IFRS (e.g. 9, 15, 16, 17) topics for the financial services industry? Do you want to work for an international financial services organization in Amsterdam? Then keep reading!
As a (Senior) IFRS Reporting Specialist you’re responsible for the monitoring of changes in IFRS and other relevant accounting standards, IFRS compliance of financial reporting and maintaining of the (IFRS) accounting manuals and guidelines. The IFRS policy department enables the strategic ambition by the standardization of the finance function and drives the transition to the P&L of the future. The IFRS policy department is part of the Finance department comprising of amongst others Consolidation & Reporting, Finance planning & analysis, Tax, Regulatory Reporting and the SAP Competence Centre. The Finance department is chaired by the Senior Vice President "Corporate Control, FP&A, Tax".
Key activities / responsibilities of a (Senior) IFRS Reporting Specialist:
- Monitor changes in IFRS and other relevant accounting standards (e.g. Dutch GAAP) and assess the financial, operational and business impact for the organization. In this respect you obtain a good understanding of IFRS changes and present the impact to internal stakeholders.
- Take the lead or participate in implementation of new accounting and reporting standards on a timely basis and prepare draft IFRS position papers. As example you participate in the implementation of improvements in the IFRS 9 impairment process, which impacts data collection and consolidation, local and corporate reporting processes and IFRS and regulatory reporting.
- Review of the interim and annual consolidated financial statements in relation to IFRS requirements in order to ensure IFRS compliance of our external reporting.
- Maintain accounting manuals and guidelines. In this respect ensure the Accounting manual is kept up to date, in line with relevant accounting standards and shared with Finance teams in reporting entities.
- Provide input and challenge accounting approaches on new products, transactions and systems. In this respect you review the accounting entries defined in a new operating system for lease contracts in line with IFRS and accounting manual.
- Answer questions with respect to IFRS and the accounting manual, discusses findings with internal and external audit teams and maintains logging of IFRS Q&A.
- Organise a WebEx with reporting entities to explain new reporting requirements.
- In many activities you work closely together with the consolidation & reporting team or other departments.
To succeed in this role, you have the following skills and experience:
You have an analytical and pro-active way of thinking. With your personal influential power you are getting things done. Based on your excellent financial reporting knowledge and experience, you’re a strong Senior IFRS Reporting Specialist.
We ask for:
- A master degree in Finance / Business economics, relevant additional courses are a plus.
- Minimum of 8-10 years relevant work experience in a financial role (accounting, controlling and/or auditing) – Big-4 experience is preferred.
- Work experience with relevant IFRS for the financial / leasing industry, specific experience with IFRS 9, 15, 16 and 17 is a pro.
- Ability to communicate at various levels of the organization and with various stakeholders.
- Pro-active and professional critical.
- English (fluent, verbally and written) and Dutch (is a pro).
You will be offered an above market salary including excellent secondary benefits, like a bonus (2 months), non-contributory pension scheme and a lease car / mobility budget.
Are you interested in the role of (Senior) IFRS Reporting specialist? Then apply as soon as possible.