Director Statutory & Regulatory Reporting
Salaris bonus, pension
Consultant Ton van der Kooi
Datum 14 oktober 20192019-10-14 2019-12-13 banking Amsterdam North Holland NL EUR 120000 135000 135000 YEAR Robert Walters https://www.robertwalters.nl https://www.robertwalters.nl/content/dam/robert-walters/global/images/logos/web-logos/square-logo.png
Are you and experienced Manager from the Banking Industry with both Statutory and Regulatory Reporting experience? Do you have well developed communication skills? Do you want to work for a growing and leading bank in an international scope? Then keep reading.
Responsibilities and Tasks
- Manage the timely and correct delivery of regulatory reports for supervisory purposes to DNB
- Manage the timely and correct delivery of reports and data feeds for non-supervisory purposes to DNB, the Central Bureau of Statistics, the Dutch Tax Authority and to supervisors outside of the Netherlands via Finance functions within branches
- Manage the delivery of the annual report and Pillar 3 document in accordance with IFRS and Dutch disclosure and publication requirements.
- Ensure review and correction of IFRS numbers periodically delivered by the financial accounting function ensuring compliance with IFRS and other requirements. Facilitate content input to the financial accounting function with regard to complex accounting matters, amongst others pensions and tax.
- Coordinate and facilitate audits by external auditors, of the annual financial statements and of FINREP, COREP and other regulatory reports.
- Deliver accounting position papers for key business events and newly implemented accounting standards. Engage with internal audit as needed.
- Manage the delivery to other Finance departments, Risk Management, Treasury and other internal users of data for management reporting purposes derived from regulatory and statutory reports
- Manage the implementation of new and changed reporting requirements pursuant to IFRS, CRR-CRD and other applicable laws and regulations. Define and prioritise epics, features and user stories through the product owner in Agile/Scrum settings.
- Design, implement and enforce control frameworks for regulatory and statutory reporting, consisting amongst others of process descriptions, key controls, accounting policies and regulatory reporting policies.
- Provide leadership to initiatives that implement and improve tooling used for reporting and engage with Systems staff and vendors to ensure continuity of service. Oversee recruitment, manage the team and coach its members, enhance personal growth of staff and contribute to people development within Finance and the Bank as a whole.
- Manage the efficiency of the department remaining within assigned expense budgets.
Education and skills:
- The function requires a University level Master’s degree and a completed Executive Master level education such as a chartered accountant or controller’s degree
- The function requires at least 10 years of relevant professional experience in the finance function of financial institutions and/or within large financial audit and consulting firms.
- The function requires in-depth knowledge of processes within the department and Finance as a whole and a broader understanding of relevant operational and risk management processes and commercial considerations. Furthermore, knowledge is required of:
- IFRS, CRR/CRD and other applicable laws and regulations
- Change and project management
- Reporting systems and data management
- Process control frameworks
- People management and leadership
- The incumbent keeps his/her knowledge and skills up-to-date by external or internal education and engages with accounting policy and regulatory program office staff, practitioners at other banks, and consultants to gather new professional insights and developments
Verbal and written communication skills in English are essential.
You will manage a team of highly skilled professionals. You will be offered a market salary with excellent secondary benefits. The organization offers good/flexible work arrangements and will provide ongoing learning and development opportunities.
Are you interested in the role of Director Statutory & Regulatory Reporting? Then apply as soon as possible.