Consultant Ton van der Kooi
Datum 19 november 20192019-11-22 2020-01-18 banking Amsterdam North Holland NL EUR 75000 90000 90000 YEAR Robert Walters https://www.robertwalters.nl https://www.robertwalters.nl/content/dam/robert-walters/global/images/logos/web-logos/square-logo.png
Do you want to work in a dynamic and internationally oriented finance team. Do you have a financial or regulatory reporting background? Then keep reading.
Group Finance is the corporate staff department responsible for the external financial and regulatory reporting. The Data Analytics & Special Reports team is responsible for all regulatory reporting for which there is no regular process in place. This includes answering ad hoc data requests and maintaining the day-to-day relationship with the regulators.
This is a dynamic environment as requirements and expectations of all stakeholders are continuously increasing. Besides external stakeholders, which includes auditors, supervisors, but also industry groups, the department supports internal stakeholders by providing insight in key developments and advising on the impact of regulatory developments.
Tasks & Responsibilities
- You will become part of a team that is responsible for handling regulatory reporting and ad hoc requests from regulators, participate in projects and contribute to improvements of reporting processes and data quality. More specifically, this includes:
- Coordinate and fulfil requests of regulators. This includes coordination with other departments outside the Finance domain and with local business units;
- Perform an analytical review to understand developments in the reports;
- Providing senior management with relevant information on regulatory metrics;
- Setting the requirements for the reporting process and data;
- Maintaining a solid control framework to ensure the integrity of the regulatory reports;
- Represent the bank to regulators and respond to questions from regulators;
- Explain financial developments and respond to questions of internal and external stakeholders;
Measure the performance of the reporting process and stimulate continuous improvement.
- Participate in projects to improve the reporting processes and data quality. The objective is to ensure that the bank complies with the reporting requirements from the supervisor at all times.
- Understand the end-to-end Finance processes, data model and architecture, including the inter dependencies with other domains.
Knowledge & Experience
- The successful candidate will have experience in the area of reporting and is familiar with IFRS and regulatory requirements (CRR / BRRD);
- You have 5 to 7 years working experience within the banking sector, preferably in the area of financial or regulatory reporting;
- Fluent in English, both written and verbal.
Behaviors & Competences
- Superb analytical skills, being able to analyse large amounts of data and to put outcomes in a wider perspective;
- Have a pro-active attitude and ability to operate in a demanding and changing environment;
- Team player that can build bridges across functions and can easily get buy-in from others to get things done within tight deadlines;
- Good communication and persuasion skills and be able to present complex issues in a simple and understandable way to both internal and external stakeholders;
You have at least a Master degree, preferable in the areas of accountancy, business administration or finance and control.
The bank offers you the chance to develop your skills in an international environment with high standards. You will receive a full-time contract for 36 or 40 hours a week. The bank offers a good salary with excellent secondary benefits and helps to balance work and private life.
Are you interested in the role of Financial Controller? Then keep reading.