Consultant Michiel Peek
Datum 17 maart 2023noord-holland banking-financial-services/finance-accounting 2023-03-17 2023-05-16 financial-services Amsterdam North Holland NL Robert Walters https://www.robertwalters.nl https://www.robertwalters.nl/content/dam/robert-walters/global/images/logos/web-logos/square-logo.png true
For an international insurance company we are looking for a pricing actuary. Are you a experienced actuary and looking for a next step? Are you excited for a job where you will be responsible for the complete Dutch market? Then keep reading!
The purpose of this role is to lead the development, execution and continuous improvement of pricing insights hub in accordance to the analytical and pricing requirements for the business
The team you will be joining provides coverage for all businesses within the Europe subdivisions. This corresponds to approximately €480m of gross net premium. You will share responsibility across these regions with a particular focus on The Netherlands, but also in support of the other countries where needed (Belgium, France and UK). You will be responsible for the relevant pricing models and providing support to the respective underwriting teams.
Key Result Areas and Deliverables:
- Develop a strong working relationship with the actuarial team and the management, underwriters, claims and Underwriting Management;
- Support the development and deployment of pricing models and ensure that models comply with the Technical Pricing Framework ("TPF") and Pricing Policy;
- Analyse external and internal data to build and validate technical pricing models;
- Support, coach and advise underwriters in actuarial & technical issues, including case pricing, data analytics, renewal monitoring, Expected Loss Cost calculations and business planning, challenging where appropriate;
- Support the business and underwriters on other actuarial related matters such as reserving and Internal Model parameterisation which are performed by other actuarial teams;
- Work with management to monitor the performance of the business, for example in the Class Performance Reviews giving an independent opinion on the quality of the risks written and by improving business performance through portfolio analysis;
- Maintain and develop management information available for analysis and reporting;
- Provide requirements and lead development of insights hub and eventually own the insights hub product owner
- Liaise with other functions within the company such as Catastrophe Modelling and Group Underwriting Modelling when required;
- Coach and manage more junior members in the team when required.
The Operating Environment and Context of the Job:
Under the Technical Pricing Framework ("TPF") all classes are to be modelled consistently.
Pricing actuaries across MS AISE will develop models with underwriters. Responsibility for testing and deployment will lie with pricing actuaries who will support underwriting teams in their use of models. Work after the development period will focus on model maintenance and enhancement.
Further to the above, a significant proportion of the role will be on providing services to the Management and Underwriting teams on pricing and analytical matters.
The role requires a good knowledge of actuarial pricing techniques, in particular on the following classes:
The drive to advance pricing in these classes is essential, along with the communication skills required to support underwriters through the changes.
It also requires a good knowledge, understanding and experience in data and analytics techniques, in particular on GLMs and machine learning techniques (boosting, random forest, clustering, etc.).
The role will work with the growing e-trading team to develop e-trade pricing tools as required.
Good interpersonal skills
Good communication skills in Dutch and English (both oral and written)
Ability to work well under pressure
Attention to detail and ability to self-check work – analytical mindset
Proactive, flexible and adaptable
Experience in being challenged and defending own views and position
Entrepreneurialism and ownership
Actuarial Pricing background and Experience
Machine learning Experience
Statistical and predictive advanced modelling Experience
Experience in European underwriting classes and environment
Advanced knowledge of Excel (including VBA)
Advanced knowledge of Python or R
Experience in SQL and/or SAS is an advantage
- The primary interfaces of this role are with the P&C Management and Underwriting teams;
- The successful candidate will be the first point of contact for pricing model and actuarial matters for their areas of responsibility;
- Important interfaces within the Technical Pricing team for peer review and cross division collaboration;
- Liaison with P&C Underwriting Management and Group Underwriting as and when required;
- Support Group Actuarial in respect of reserving and capital modelling work;
- Willingness to travel occasionally within Europe
Neem contact op
+31 20 644 46 55
Salaris: NegotiableLocatie: AmsterdamDatum online: 14 maart 2023Are you passionate about Finance? Do you enjoy working in a tech environment? Then jump onboard and apply today! For an established and fast-growing Fintech based in Amsterdam, we are looking for a Senior Manager Finance. In this role, you eat, sleep, and breathe Financial Reporting and never miss a deadline. You understand that the Dutch EMI license comes with important (tax) reporting obligations and is a major contribution to the value of the brand.
Salaris: competitiveLocatie: AmsterdamDatum online: 14 maart 2023Bij Robert Walters zijn we doorgaans op zoek naar een Interim Actuaris. Heb je ervaring als actuaris en ben je toe aan een nieuwe opdracht of overweeg je de stap te gaan maken naar ZZP Interim actuaris? Lees dan verder.
Salaris: NegotiableLocatie: AmsterdamDatum online: 30 januari 2023Are you an experienced finance professional with a flexible mind who prefers working team-based? Are you accurate and can you easily connect the dots? Would you like to work in a highly entrepreneurial and international environment? Then keep reading!
Salaris: NegotiableLocatie: AmsterdamDatum online: 23 januari 2023Voor een toonaangevende Nederlandse financiële organisatie zoeken wij een (Senior) Internal Auditor. Je vindt het leuk om eigenaarschap te nemen op het gebied van interne beheersing. Daarnaast vind je het leuk om een breed taken en verantwoordelijkheden pakket te dragen en daadwerkelijk impact te maken. Geïnteresseerd? Lees dan snel verder!
Salaris: NegotiableLocatie: AmsterdamDatum online: 13 maart 2023For a multinational banking and financial services corporation, we are looking for a Senior Valuation Risk Expert. The role is focused on delivering valuation regulatory and accounting requirements across different regional hubs. You will be involved in a variety of topics related to valuation risks (mostly for trading but also for banking books). Interested? Then keep reading!