Financial Risk Officer
Consultant Ton van der Kooi
Datum 26 februari 2018Zuidplein 28 1077 XV Amsterdam Robert Walters The Netherlands
For a Big International Bank I am searching for a Financial Risk Officer within the Financial Institutions and Financial Markets team.
This team is responsible for market risk, product control and counterparty credit risk for the banks Financial Markets business. Within that scope, the subteam of Performance Analysis is responsible for monitoring, analysing and advising on:
- Global market risk, regulatory and economic capital
- Performance of the trading activities
- Counterparty credit risk of derivatives
- Performance and market risk of CVA
- Collateral portfolio under CSA’s
We are looking for a professional to join the team that supports the overall team by working on short to medium term projects to improve processes, methodologies, covering tasks such as
- Improve processes and methodologies with support of members of the various teams
- Coordinate and support the team with remediation of findings issues by regulators, auditors and model validators
- Coordinate ad hoc requests from regulators and new regulatory reporting processes
- Update / maintain documentation (policies, process & control documentation, model documentation)
- Perform periodic reviews of parameters and assumptions
- Be the knowledge center on Sox guidelines, coordinate Sox activities and maintain Sox processes & documentation
- Set up and maintain bcbs239 controls (e.g. data quality dashboards)
As you will be supporting the various sub teams, you will be expected to gain good in-depth knowledge of the market and counterparty risks in our portfolios, the measures used to monitor the risks and performance, as well as the processes in place to support the daily activities. You will be expected to be able to deliver on detailed requests independently, as well as coordinate activities involving people either within the team or across the globe.
Your work environment
The performance analysis team is an energetic international team of highly qualified professionals. The team has an open, informal atmosphere and a strong focus on team work. We work closely with front office and risk management units worldwide in a dynamic environment to deliver accurate risk measurement ensuring balanced risk and return. There is a strong focus to optimize the daily workload and find new ways to add value to our stakeholders.
Qualifications and skills
A successful candidate should have strong analytical skills and the ability to create, challenge and improve risk monitoring techniques and measures. The candidate should have good communication skills and a pro-active attitude. You are able to deal with cultural differences, conflicting interests and unforeseen challenges.
- A university degree in economics, econometrics or other finance/quantitative subjects
- Proven knowledge of and keen interest in financial markets and financial instruments
- Good communication skills
- Team player
- Strong analytical skills with attention to detail
- Flexible, able to adjust quickly to new circumstances
- Fluent in English
You will be offered a place in a team with highly skilled professionals where you will work with the highest standards. Moreover, you will be offered a contract for 36 or 40 hours a week with a market salary and good secondary benefits.
Are you interested in the role of Financial Risk Officer? Then react as soon as possible.