Senior Financial Risk Manager - Credit Risk
Consultant Ton van der Kooi
Datum 26 februari 2018Zuidplein 28 1077 XV Amsterdam Robert Walters The Netherlands
Are you an experienced financial risk officer with a focus on credit risk? Do you want to work for an international bank? Then keep reading.
The responsibilities of Risk Management cover involvement in all risk areas as defined in the risk taxonomy of the bank.
The Senior Financial Risk Officer reports to the Head of Risk Management.
Credit Risk Team
As the core product offering for the bank are credit products, credit risk management is a specific dedicated sub team. Main and core tasks of the team will be to provide independent advice on any credit related exposure, challenging the first line on structures and risks and to identify early warning signals for credit deterioration. Credits will be judged on the general compliance with our strategy, portfolio fit and risk appetite, but also judged on their individual merits. In addition, senior officers will review final documentation prior to signing, being final control that the credit decision is reflected in the documentation.
In order to better service, support and challenge the business, typical profile of a Senior Officer will be a combination of risk skills and commercial/business skills. Senior Officers must be able to join on client (and prospect) visits, ask relevant questions, challenge the relationship bankers and retain an independent view after client visits.
Specific job responsibilities
- Actively identify warning signals on client level and on portfolio level;
- Participate in internal (committee) meetings and client meetings, representing Risk Management, if and when required.
- Provide support to other departments at the request of Head of Risk Management;
- Provide input to strategy for the future of her/his own field of expertise;
- Support the implementation of new regulations, procedures and projects;
- Attend other compulsory training programs concerning risk awareness, KYC, anti-money laundering, etc.;
- Prepare Risk Opinions on Credit Applications;
- Provide feedback to account managers during the structuring phase of credit facilities;
- Establish a strong working relationship with the front office teams and other relevant departments in the bank, to ensure open communication and efficiency.
- Ambitious professional with a bachelor or master degree;
- At least 5-10 years relevant experience in the sector;
- Good knowledge of banking instruments, policies and procedures;
- Experience in analysis of Commodity Finance or Shipping Finance/Asset Based Finance is considered a plus;
- Commercial experience in this field is considered a plus;
- Fluent communication skills in English (both verbally and in writing).
Skills & competencies
- Pro-active, self-starting approach;
- Entrepreneurial ability, take responsibility;
- Willing to work in a small team and to take ownership;
- Expecting and capable to do multi-tasking;
- Hands-on mentality, down to earth, pragmatic;
- Target oriented, ability to work under pressure, while maintaining good quality and sticking to deadlines;
- Strong analytical skills;
- Strong social skills: independent thinker, communicative, open minded;
- Excellent communication skills;
- Ability to challenge existing policies and procedures in an accepted way and to enter into discussions of strategic importance.
The bank offers you a good salary. Moreover, they offer you a Senior position at the heart and with a wide scope in the bank.
Are you interested in the role of Senior Financial Risk Officer? Then apply as soon as possible.