Market Risk Director
Consultant Ton van der Kooi
Datum 23 mei 2018Zuidplein 28 1077 XV Amsterdam Robert Walters The Netherlands
Are you an experienced Market Risk Manager? Are you familiar and experienced with both market and liquidity risk? Do you want to work in a crucial role for an international and growing bank? Then keep reading.
For one of the biggest banks in the world, with a Continental Europe Head Office in the Netherlands, I am searching for a Market Risk Director. The Director leads a team of 3 to 4 market risk analysts and will advise and interact with Management Board members and General Managers. The Market Risk Department defines the risk profile of the group, in each location and on consolidated level. The Director Market Risk Management has a direct reporting line to the Head of Risk Management. As such, the Director is part of the Management Team and has seat in relevant risk committees.
The function forms part of the Risk Management Division which is responsible for:
- Identification, measurement, assessment and mitigation of risks, stress testing and Capital allocation
- Support and advice in design and deployment of the overall risk management framework, including risk strategy, policies, appetite and tolerance
- Develop and maintain (stress test) models
- Risk monitoring, control and reporting
- Support annual SREP by DNB, including preparation of necessary documentation (ICAAP shared responsibility/ILAAP full responsibility)
- Coordinate updates to the Recovery Plan
- Challenge and escalation of risk and/or control issues to the Management Board
- Provides expert advice and guidance to the business units to ensure identification, measurement, assessment and consistent management of market risks
- Monitors adherence to the groups framework of rules and policies as well as local laws and regulations and ensure embedding of risk management principles and practices in the bank’s daily business operations
- Escalates of (potential) risk events and regulatory breaches in accordance with the bank’s risk governance framework
- Cooperates with Compliance regarding country-specific legal and regulatory requirements relating to Financial Risk.
- Contributes to increased risk awareness in the organisation by providing appropriate training, if required
- Prepares of Management Information reports comprising the bank’s risk exposures and control performance.
- Documents of relevant policies and procedures.
- Leads or participates in required projects or initiatives in facilitating the identification and evaluation of risks and controls, providing expertise and recommending proportional cost effective and efficient solutions.
- Contributes to the Risk Management Division team’s workload.
- Is critical and promote changes to systems, processes and working practices in order to achieve operational improvement.
Knowledge and skills
- Comprehensive knowledge at University / (post) HBO level and wide practical experience across a number of financial services disciplines with a focus on Market Risk Management at a wholesale bank.
- Aims for continuous improvement by updating or obtaining relevant and required knowledge in the field of Market Risk Management (balance sheet risk and FX/IR execution) as well as key relevant legal, regulatory and statutory requirements by internal and/or external training/study in agreement with the bank.
- Ability to formulate plans and strategy taking into account the wider business unit strategies and requirements. Takes full account of all related risks and controls and their impact.
- Up-to-date understanding of the wider financial services industry, regulatory changes and pertinent economic and political factors which may impact business and overall aims.
- Maintains close contact with external organisations/professionals for exchange of information, developments and the sharing of best practice.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills in English are essential.
The bank offer you the opportunity to exploit you knowledge and skills in a big and leading International Group. You will be offered a market salary with good secondary benefits.
Are you interested in the role of Market Risk Director? Then apply as soon as possible.