Senior Market Risk Manager (Associate Director)
Salaris €80,000 - €90,000 per annum + competitive
Consultant Ton van der Kooi
Datum 17 juli 2018Zuidplein 28 1077 XV Amsterdam Robert Walters The Netherlands
Are you an experienced Market Risk Manager? Are you familiar and experienced with both market and liquidity risk? Do you want to work in a crucial role for an international and growing bank? Then keep reading.
For one of the biggest banks in the world, with a Continental Europe Head Office in the Netherlands, I am searching for a Senior Market Risk Manager (Associate Director Level). The Sr. Market Risk Manager and interacts with Management Board members and General Managers. The Market Risk Department defines the risk profile of the group, in each location and on consolidated level. The Head office in Amsterdam supervises several branches in Europe, including Germany, Poland, Czech Republic, Belgium, Austria and Spain.
The Market Risk Manager advises on the development of risks in the Banking Book (Asset Liability Management). Also, you are able to support and/or improve the Treasury Mid-Office activities that are closely intertwined. The Market Risk Manager further professionalizes the Market Risk Management activities as to support the growth of the Group.
The Sr. Market Risk Manager is responsible for the risk cycle (identification, assessment, mitigation, monitoring) on Balance Sheet Risk and Market Risks. This includes oversight of the 1st line (Treasury), supporting and advising the ALM Committee, contributing to a shared vision on the management of risks and implementing controls. Also, the Market Risk Manager has a significant role in the annual SREP process and relevant DNB onsite inspections.
Lastly, the Sr. Market Risk Manager is the liaison with the EMEA and worldwide Head Office regarding market risk matters.
The Associate Director Market Risk Management has a direct reporting line to the Head of the Market Risk Management team of MBE. The AD will advise and interact with Management Board members and Division Heads.
The function forms part of the Risk Management Division which is responsible for:
- Identification, measurement, assessment and mitigation of risks, stress testing and Capital allocation
- Support and advice in design and deployment of the overall risk management framework, including risk strategy, policies, appetite and tolerance
- Develop and maintain (stress test) models
- Risk monitoring, control and reporting
- Support annual SREP by DNB, including preparation of necessary documentation (ICAAP shared responsibility/ILAAP full responsibility)
- Coordinate updates to the Recovery Plan
- Challenge and escalation of risk and/or control issues to the Management Board
- Position monitoring and (FX) pricing of Treasury positions.
The Senior Market Risk Manager
- Provides expert advice and guidance to the business units to ensure identification, measurement, assessment and consistent management of market risks.
- Monitors adherence to the Groups framework of rules and policies as well as local laws and regulations and ensure embedding of risk management principles and practices in the bank’s daily business operations.
- Escalates of (potential) risk events and regulatory breaches in accordance with the bank’s risk governance framework.
- Cooperates with Compliance regarding country-specific legal and regulatory requirements relating to Financial Risk.
- Contributes to increased risk awareness in the organisation by providing appropriate training, if required.
- Prepares Management Information reports comprising the bank’s risk exposures and control performance.
- Leads or participates in required projects or initiatives in facilitating the identification and evaluation of risks and controls, providing expertise and recommending proportional cost effective and efficient solutions.
- Is critical and promotes changes to systems, processes and working practices in order to achieve operational improvement.
Education and skills
- University / (post) HBO level education.
- Minimum of 7years of ALM or Market Risk Management at a Wholesale bank or Treasury Middle Office management.
- Direct experience with (European) regulators is a plus.
- Experience with relevant regulations is a plus.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills in English is essential.
- Manage & Develop Talent, Collaborate and Build Partnerships.
- Balance Risk with Opportunity.
- Demonstrate Global Perspective.
The bank offers you the opportunity to exploit your knowledge and skills in a big and leading International Group with good growth opportunities. You will be offered a market salary with good secondary benefits.
Are you interested in the role of Senior Market Risk Manager? Then apply as soon as possible.