Senior Credit Risk Manager
Consultant Ton van der Kooi
Datum 25 juli 2018 2018-07-252018-09-23 banking Zuidplein 28 1077 XV Amsterdam Robert Walters The Netherlands
Are you an experienced Credit Risk Manager (Associate Director Level)? Do you want to work for the European Head office of one of the biggest banks of the world? Do you combine in-depth knowledge with well-developed communication skills? Then keep reading.
For a big International Bank with a European Head office in Amsterdam I am searching for a senior Credit Risk Manager.
The role of Credit (Portfolio) Risk Management (CRM) team is to ensure compliance with risk limits and risk-appetite, independently assess capital requirements, performs stress testing and offer perspective of its strategic implications for the lending portfolio, and recommends the actions to the senior management. The team is part of the Risk Management Division (RMD) and organizationally reports to the Head of the Risk Division.
Main purpose of the role
The Associate Director is responsible for identification, measurement and monitoring of credit risk exposures on portfolio level. The scope of responsibilities also includes credit stress testing, model validation and preparation of credit risk related management information reports. Additionally, in the context of credit risk the Associate Director contributes to a development of risk management framework, risk appetite framework, ICAAP and Recovery Plan processes. Finally, the AD interacts with the Head Office regarding credit risk matters.
- Involvement in development of macro-economic stress test scenarios.
- Performing sensitivity analysis and capital stress testing activities to test the resilience of the bank under extreme macro-economic conditions.
- Enhancing current stress testing processes, data and reporting to ensure assumptions can be revised, refined or updated to adapt to business, regulatory and market changes.
- Organizing, processing and analyzing data
- Contributing to the Internal Capital Adequacy Assessment Report (ICAAP) and the Recovery Plan processes and ensuring timely delivery of regulatory reports.
- Preparing credit risk reports for internal and external stakeholders.
- Preparing executive summaries, periodic reports, and presentations summarizing findings and recommendations.
- Performing periodic and ad-hoc model validations on local level.
- Evaluating the adequacy and effectiveness of credit data sources.
- Contributing to improvements within the risk management function of the bank.
Skills and Experience
- At least 5 years of work experience in risk management, preferably in a wholesale bank.
- Proven experience with stress testing required
- Preferably completed CFA or FRM
- Academic degree in Economics, Econometrics, Finance, Data Science or other relevant field or study
- Advanced Excel, Modeling, Data Manipulation
- Analytical Abilities/Financial Acumen/Problem Solving
- Experience with ICAAP and Recovery Plan preferred
- An up-to-date understanding, of the wider financial services industry and regulatory changes (e.g. ECB, EBA, DNB)
- Fluent language skills in English, Dutch language is an advantage
- Excellent analytical skills
- Strong communication and stakeholder management skills
- Team player and ability to collaborate in cross-division teams.
- High attention to detail and good presentation skills
- Takes initiative, works structurally and displays organizational sensitivity
The bank offers you the opportunity to exploit your knowledge and skills in a big and leading International Group with good growth opportunities. You will be offered a market salary with good secondary benefits.
Are you interested in the role of Senior Credit Risk Manager? Then apply as soon as possible.