Operational Risk Manager
Salaris €45,000 - €55,000 per yearFULL_TIME
Consultant Tess Lean
Datum 1 november 2018 2018-11-012018-12-31 financial-services Zuidplein 28 1077 XV Amsterdam
Are you an ambitious, detail-oriented professional with a minimum of 3 years' Risk Management/Operational Controls experience in the Financial Services industry? Would you like the opportunity to develop yourself in the Curacoa based branch of a global, award-winning business that provides specialist financial services to alternative investment funds, investors, multinationals and private clients worldwide? (relocation package available). If so, keep reading.
My client, a reputable Financial Services business with operations in 45 different countries, is looking for a knowledgeable and enthusiastic Operational Risk Manager to join one of their branches in Curacao. You will work closely with business managers and their operational teams to identify, assess and propose mitigating actions in relation to operational risks in areas such as Treasury, payment processing and KYC/AML. You will sit within the first line of defence, acting as a key reference point for the business to develop and maintain risk management processes in everyday activities.
Principal Operational Risk Manager accountabilities will include:
- Lead the “in control” agenda for Operational Risk, which means responsibility for all aspects ranging from process maintenance and incident logging to providing assurance to management;
- Assisting the Business Managers in designing, assessing and managing the control environment, develop and support a consistent best practice design and the effective execution of internal controls;
- Actively facilitate Risk and Control Self-Assessments;
- Coordination of in control matters at hand with key partners, including Risk Management, Internal Audit, Compliance and Business Management;
- Ensure efficient organization and execution of key risk governance committees, including preparation and coordination of meeting materials, recording minutes and in the case of the Operational Risk Committee and being an active participant.
- University Degree (WO level) in a relevant field;
- Strong knowledge of Risk Management and Operational Controls;
- Minimum of 3 years’ relevant work experience in a Financial Services institution;
- A good understanding of banking, treasury management and payments processes would be highly desirable;
- Strong English skills. The ability to speak Dutch would be an additional advantage;
- Excellent writing skills (particularly in the context of report writing and minute taking for risk governance meetings);
- Ability to generate innovative new ideas and communicate them effectively;
- Strong analytical, research and reporting abilities with attention to detail;
- Ability to work both independently and as part of a widely distributed team, with multiple stakeholders;
- Pro-active and results-driven approach.
This is an excellent opportunity for an enthusiastic, results-driven Operational Risk Manager to join the Curacao based branch of a global, well-established Financial Services business (relocation allowance + attractive benefits package available).
If you are interested in this exciting opportunity please click to apply