Consultant Ton van der Kooi
Datum 6 december 2018 2018-12-062019-02-04 financial-services Zuidplein 28 1077 XV Amsterdam Robert Walters https://www.robertwalters.nl https://www.robertwalters.nl/content/dam/robert-walters/global/images/logos/web-logos/logo.gif
Are you a talented Risk professional? Do you want to work in a start-environment in one of the biggest Financial Institutions in the world? Then keep reading
For one of the largest financial groups globally we are searching for a Risk Controller. In response to the Brexit, it is the banks priority to continue to provide their EU clients with access to the global financial markets. The Netherlands has been chosen as the new strategic headquarters of its banking business and is setting up a securities entity headquartered in Amsterdam.
The purpose of the role is to provide expertise to the business units with the continuing aim to improve the Bank’s overall Risk Management Framework with respect to Credit Risk. The Risk Management Department will ensure that all relevant risks are consistently identified, measured, assessed and managed across the organization in compliance with both internal and external (regulatory) rules, policies and guidelines.
The function forms part of the Risk Management Division which is responsible for:
Identification, measurement, assessment and mitigation of risks, stress testing and Economic Capital allocation.
Support and advice in design and deployment of the overall risk management framework, including risk strategy, policies, appetite and tolerance
Risk monitoring, control and reporting
Challenge and escalation of risk and/or control issues to the Management Board
The Risk Controller has a direct reporting line to the Chief Risk Officer.
- For Market Risk, monitor risk limits for market and liquidity risk
- For Credit Risk Monitor that transactions of the delegated responsibility perform within the terms of the credit approval. Access portfolio level risks
- Provide necessary data and information to the Treasury function for the management of Liquidity
- In the event of a limit breach ensure the appropriate limit breach framework is adhered to and escalate as appropriate
- Support the Credit Risk and Operational Risk VP as appropriate
- Prepare Risk Committee materials for presentation to the Management Board
Education and Skills:
- The function requires comprehensive knowledge at University / (post) HBO level
- The function requires comprehensive knowledge at Master’s level and wide practical experience across a number of financial services disciplines.
- Knowledge of key relevant legal, regulatory and statutory requirements, technical interpretation and the ability to provide advice thereon.
- The ability to formulate plans and strategy taking into account the wider business unit strategies and requirements. Takes full account of all related risks and controls and their impact.
- An up-to-date understanding of the wider financial services industry, IT industry, regulatory changes and pertinent economic and political factors which may impact on the banks business and overall aims.
- A sound appreciation of the appropriate legal and technical procedural factors pertaining to banking/financial services and how these may impact on the business/customer relationships.
- Maintain close contact with external organizations/professionals for exchange of information, developments and the sharing of best practice.
- Can do, flexible attitude.
The organization offers you a unique opportunity. You will have the chance to make direct and a key impact in a start-up environment, being part of one of the biggest financial institutions in the world. You will be offered a market salary with good secondary benefits and excellent development opportunities. The office is located in Amsterdam Zuid.
Are you interested in the role of Risk Controller? The apply as soon as possible.