Consultant Ton van der Kooi
Datum 21 januari 2019 2019-01-212019-03-22 banking Amsterdam North Holland NL EUR 45000 60000 60000 YEAR Robert Walters https://www.robertwalters.nl
Are you an ambitious Risk or Compliance Junior with approximately 2 years working experience? Do you want to work in a key and international oriented role? Do you have strong stakeholder management skills? Then keep reading.
The Policy Officer is responsible for supporting the Policy Team with the execution and further development of the Policy Management Framework of the bank which facilitates and enhances proper policy management.
The function advises Senior Management, the Head of Policy Team and Head of the Regulatory and Program Office on processes and controls the bank has in place to facilitate and effective and compliant policy framework. Furthermore, the function conducts periodically Risk Control Self-assessments and reports periodically on the outcome to the Management Board.
The function is part of the Regulatory & Program Office. Organizationally the RPO is positioned part of the CRO Domain. The RPO gives guidance and support in handling regulatory affairs and regulatory submissions, monitors development in the regulatory landscape and provides support in the development and implementation of policies and programmes at the bank and support to its branches and subsidiaries.
- Execute and further develops the Policy framework the bank has in place and facilitates and enhances proper policy management;
- Advises senior management on processes and controls the bank has in place to facilitate an effective and compliant policy framework.
- Provide regulatory support and advice to the business areas and other stakeholders as a centre of expertise in managing regulatory affairs, projects and policy in line with the agreed business objectives to meet all relevant internal and external regulatory/statutory requirements.
- Maintains the policy database and monitors progress of existing open action points, including the review calendar.
- Endorses policy documents prior to approval by performing quality checks and advise the business area accordingly
- Conducts periodically risk control self-assessments on the policy framework and reports on the outcome.
- Keep abreast of changes in law, regulations and market practice as it affects the bank and submits recommendations for action and assisting subject divisions in implementation thereof.
- Setting up and maintaining all necessary laws and regulations, including the set-up of a regulatory database, in line with the relevant procedures.
- Communicate non-conformance issues to all relevant parties in order to make sure that appropriate and timely remedial action is taken, providing guidance and support as necessary, also monitors that such issues are reported in accordance with established procedures and guidelines.
- The tasks apply to the business of the bank and its current and future branches
The function requires comprehensive knowledge at higher education or university level
Approximately 2 years of experience in working in a risk or compliance of an international financial institution or professional service firm.
Functional/Technical Skills and Knowledge requirements:
- Basic knowledge of key relevant regulatory and statutory requirements, technical interpretation and the ability to provide advice thereon.
- Able to perform Control-Self Assessments;
- Pro-actively develop and maintain relationships with a wide range of keys contacts in different geographical locations.
- Complex problem solving skills.
- Good communication skills.
- Hands-on mentality is a must with a can-do attitude
- Proficient in excel.
- Verbal and written communication skills in English is essential (skilled in Dutch is an asset).
- The function keeps his/her knowledge and skills up-to-date by reading internal bulletins regarding his/her area and by external or internal education.
The bank offers you the opportunity to exploit your knowledge and skills in an international oriented role and in a big and leading International Group, where you work in the European Head Office. You will be offered a market salary with good secondary benefits.
Are you interested in the role of Policy Officer? Then apply as soon as possible.