Interim Senior Manager Operational Risk & Controls
Consultant Tim Vermeulen
Datum 24 mei 20192019-05-27 2019-06-23 banking Amsterdam North Holland NL EUR 60 125 125 HOUR Robert Walters https://www.robertwalters.nl https://www.robertwalters.nl/content/dam/robert-walters/global/images/logos/web-logos/logo.gif
For an international bank in the Amsterdam area, I am currently recruiting an Interim Senior Manager Operational Risk & Controls. Start: a.s.a.p. Duration: Undefined.
As Interim Senior Manager Operational Risk & Controls you will be part of the International Line 1 Operational Risk Team and report directly to the CEO Europe, located in Amsterdam and have a dotted reporting line to the Executive Manager Line 1 Operational Risk & Controls – Europe & North America.
Client's objective is to proactively drive and strengthen the risk management culture within Institutional Banking and Markets' (IB&M) International Operations. Your role has a specific focus on the European offices.
Customer Focus: Client's objective is to support and work co-operatively with all the teams in the entity to ensure the highest standards of customer experience.
Strength (Risk Management): Work within the International Operations team to embed effective operational risk controls and strengthen the risk management culture across the business, in partnership with Line 2 Operational Risk.
People: The role will involve interaction across all business areas of IB&M and collaboration with Line 2 risk management, Line 3 audit and relevant external parties. Work with entity management to build a strong risk management culture across the business.
Key role responsibilities include:
- Co-ordinate and implement effective risk management activities under the Operational Risk Management Framework across IB&M. This includes:
- Governance/ Reporting – Assist with the preparation of reporting of risk activities including risk governance forums, extracting data from risk systems, attendance and participation where required;
- Risk Profiles – manage the development and maintenance of an effective operational risk program in the entity for IB&M, ensuring that risks are being managed on an ongoing basis;
- Issues/ Incident Management – Drive proactive identification, mitigation and monitoring of risk items ensuring risks are managed within appetite;
- Controls Assurance support – Ensure timely completion of controls testing and perform testing where required.
- Plan and co-ordinate work for the team; act as an effective member of the Line 1 Risk team in location and collaborate with teams in IB&M or Group on any IB&M or Group Wide risk and control enhancements.
- Experience in working with and demonstrates strong knowledge of operational risk & controls frameworks – including relevant regulatory & industry expected standards.
- Working knowledge of relevant risks e.g. technology, conduct, compliance, process & execution, third party etc.
- Risk & Control Self-Assessments – planning, workshops, write up, sign-off.
- Proactive identification of risk & control weaknesses.
- Working knowledge of relevant Institutional Banking & Markets products.
- Experience in working with senior stakeholders to manage risk & controls.
- Attendance of governance meetings.
- Project planning – planning & executed projects.
- Senior stakeholder engagement – demonstrates ability to be credible & influence.
- Effectively facilitates risk meetings.
- Ability to analyse trends, root cause analysis, identify critical threats and opportunities, diagnose problems and issues and recommend appropriate actions.
- Brings ideas and experience of risk & controls frameworks into program delivery.
- Process mapping, PowerPoint, Excel (advanced skills not required).
Preferred experience/ skills:
Implementation of a risk & controls (including KRIs) framework.
Assessment of risks for change management (Change Risk Management).
- Quality control performance – completion of quality review of Operational Risk tasks (write up of issues, incidents, controls & KRIs)
- Tertiary qualification (preferred)
- Relevant professional qualification (e.g. FINSIA, PRMIA or GARP) or studying towards it (preferred)
If you are interested, please send your cv to firstname.lastname@example.org or contact me at +31(0)622375909.