Enterprise Risk Manager
Consultant Ton van der Kooi
Datum 15 oktober 20192019-10-15 2019-12-14 banking Amsterdam North Holland NL EUR 50000 70000 70000 YEAR Robert Walters https://www.robertwalters.nl https://www.robertwalters.nl/content/dam/robert-walters/global/images/logos/web-logos/square-logo.png
Do you want to work for a growing and dynamic department and organization? Are you a responsible Enterprise Risk Manager with well-developed communication skills? Then keep reading.
Our client is expanding its 2nd line of defense to further professionalize its organization to independently manage and monitor risks and meet growing regulatory expectations. This is a new role within the Credit Risk Management department where you will primarily focus on enterprise risk management topics. In addition, you are also expected to contribute to ICAAP and Recovery Plan processes and support other tasks and ad-hoc assignments owned by the CRMD team.
The CRMD team combines coverage of credit and enterprise risk management topics. The team monitors and escalates material credit/enterprise risks and control issues to internal committees, coordinates various 2nd line processes (i.e. Risk Appetite Statement - RAS, Strategic Risk Assessment – SRA), contributes to ICAAP and Recovery Plan, performs stress testing, and recommends actions to the senior management.
CRMD team is part of the Risk Management Division (RMD) and organizationally reports to the Head of RMD, which in turn reports to the Chief Risk Officer (CRO). (A)VP reports to the Head of CRM, who acts as a team lead. The role is based in Amsterdam. The work environment can be described as dynamic and professional, where needs and requirements grow with complexity of the institution and increasing regulatory requirements. You are expected to work in close cooperation with other Risk Management colleagues, other teams within the and the Group, and have a regular interaction with the Senior Management on enterprise risk topics.
- Maintain bank’s Risk Appetite Statement, including assessing RAS metric effectiveness and coordinating periodic calibration, prepare periodic Risk Appetite Dashboard and report it to the internal committees;
- Perform internal Strategic Risk Assessment and contribute to the process enhancement;
- Maintain bank’s integrated stress testing framework, support stress testing activities and contribute to enhancement of current stress testing processes;
- Implement bank’s risk register and provide expert support / guidance with respect to risk cycles;
Perform periodic base line risk assessment, contribute to development of risk behavior standards and advice on risk KPIs in performance measurement;
- Effectively challenge and contribute to development of methodologies, standards and tools for risk data aggregation and risk reporting in line with BCBS 239 requirements;
- Effectively challenge and contribute to development of internal RAROC model;
- Contribute to enhancement of risk management policy house, including drafting, reviewing and updating policies, guidances, procedures and work instructions;
- Support Internal Capital Adequacy Assessment (ICAAP) and the Recovery Plan processes;
- Prepare material and deliver internal trainings on ERM topics;
- Assist with regular reporting to internal and external stakeholders;
- Support other ad-hoc assignments and projects owned by the CRM team.
Technical skills and Experience
- At least 5 years of work experience in risk management or risk/strategic advisory roles;
- Experience with multiple type of risks, previous experience with strategic risk or RAS development is an advantage;
- Understanding relevant rules and regulations;
- Academic degree in in a relevant field of study, MBA considered an advantage;
- Preferably completed CFA or PRM or engaged in the process;
- Knowledge of risk concepts and measurements;
- Analytical skills and ability to provide effective challenge to organization;
- Quantitative and technical skills needed for risk reporting and analysis, basic knowledge of programming (i.e. Python, R, or SQL) is considered a plus;
- Fluent language skills in English;
- Excellent communication and presentation skills, with ability to explain a complex topic in a structured and clear manner to different audiences;
- Team player with ability to collaborate in cross-division teams and display organizational sensitivity;
- Stakeholder management skills;
- Desired experience with dashboard design and policy writing;
- Self-starter with pro-active attitude, who works structurally and translates ideas into practical (pragmatic) solutions;
- Think independently and critically to create own views and bring new ideas to the table;
- Ability to handle a significant and diverse workload;
- Sense of humor and ability to work in multicultural environment
You will be offered a competitive and market salary, depending on experience, and with excellent secondary benefits. The organization offers good/flexible work arrangements and will provide ongoing learning and development opportunities.
Are you interested in the role of Enterprise Risk Manager? Then apply as soon as possible.