Senior Operational Risk Manager
Consultant Hidde Kooijman
Datum 7 september 2022noord-holland banking-financial-services/risk-management 2022-09-07 2022-11-06 banking Amsterdam North Holland NL Robert Walters https://www.robertwalters.nl https://www.robertwalters.nl/content/dam/robert-walters/global/images/logos/web-logos/square-logo.png
For one of the largest financial groups globally we are searching for a Senior Operational Risk Manager. You will be a business partner for several functional areas and be responsible to periodically perform one-off Risk Control Assessments in (potential) high risk areas or following internal incidents, based on own-initiative or by specific senior management request.
We are currently recruiting for a Vice President, Operational Risk Manager for the Operational Risk Management Division in Amsterdam. Part of your role is:
- Identification, assessment, monitoring and evaluation of all risks in the bank.
- Support and advice in design and deployment of the overall risk management framework, including risk culture, policies, appetite and limits.
- Challenge and escalation of risk and/or control issues to the Management Board.
Tasks & Responsibilities
- Provide expert advice and guidance to the 1st Line to ensure identification, assessment and consistent management of all material operational risks, including data risk.
- Provide advice and guidance to the 1st line to perform Risk and Control Self-Assessments and to raise Self-Identified issues.
- Monitor adherence of 1st Line to bankramework of rules and policies as well as local laws and regulations and ensure embedding of risk management principles and practices in the Bank's daily business operations.
- Escalation of (potential) risk events or regulatory breaches in accordance with the governance framework.
- Contribute to increased risk awareness in the organisation by providing appropriate training, instruction and advice.
- Contribute to enhancement of risk management policy house, including drafting, reviewing and updating policies, methodologies, procedures and work instructions.
- Lead or participate in required projects or initiatives in facilitating the identification and evaluation of risks and controls, providing expertise and recommending proportional cost effective and efficient solutions.
- Promote changes to systems, processes and working practices in order to achieve operational control.
- The Operational Risk Manager reports to the head of the ORM department, who in turn reports to the Head of Risk Management Division.
Skills and experience
- Academic degree in Economics, IT, Operational Auditing or other relevant field of study;
- At least 10 years of relevant work experience in banking/financial sector and/or advisory roles;
- Experienced in 1st and/or 2nd Line Risk Management;
- Experience in preparing presentations to senior management and regulators;
- Up to date understanding of relevant guidelines and regulation in EU;
- An up-to-date understanding, of the wider financial services industry, IT industry, regulatory changes and pertinent economic and political factors which may impact the business;
- Analytical Ability/Financial Acumen/Problem Solving;
- Strong communication skills, with ability to explain a complex topic in a structured and clear manner;
- Demonstrate ability to build relationships, and display organizational sensitivity;
- Take initiative, work structurally and translate ideas into practical solutions;
- Fluent language skills in English;
- Be pragmatic, be able to balance business and being in control;
- Ability to handle a significant and diverse workload;
- Sense of humor and ability to work in multicultural environment.
The bank offers you a role in one of the largest banks of the world in a growing and international environment. You have various opportunities to develop yourself and we will support you with that by offering various training and development possibilities.
- Gross salary based on experience and consistent with the market.
- 8% holiday allowance and 13th month payment.
- Bonus under discretion of the Management board (max. 20%).
- 29 vacation days per year. Optional you can buy 15 additional days.
- Commuting allowance based on annual public transport 2nd class, most economical way, or €0,19 per km with a max of 75 km one way.
- Remote working allowance (max €60, - perm month).
- Possibility to order Office Equipment (up to €500, -).
- Possibility to order a mobile device (up to €800,-).
- Bicycle plan (fiscal benefit).
- Company fitness (fiscal benefit).
- Employee contribution towards Pension insurance (max 5%, currently 2%), our pension scheme is based on a defined contribution scheme.
- Training & development possibilities paid by the bank (internal rules).
- Health insurance: Collective premiums offered, for own expense.
Are you interested in the role of Senior Operational Risk Manager? Then apply as soon as possible!
Salaris: NegotiableLocatie: AmsterdamDatum online: 20 september 2022For an international bank we are looking for a Senior Financial Crime Compliance Officer. You are responsible for supporting the implementation of FCC related policies and procedures globally. Your purpose is to support with setting and implementing the vision, strategy, direction and leadership from a FCC perspective. Interested? Then keep reading!
Salaris: NegotiableLocatie: AmsterdamDatum online: 20 september 2022For an international bank we are looking for a Senior AML Financial Crime Compliance Officer. This is an exciting opportunity for a dynamic, strong and experienced FCC professional to join the FCC where you are part of the 2nd line of defense. Interested? Then keep reading!
Salaris: NegotiableLocatie: AmsterdamDatum online: 29 september 2022For an internationally operating trading firm in Amsterdan we are currently looking for a senior level Financial Analyst to strenghten the team. Within this position you will be responsible for (improving) multiple assets of the company's data driven processes. Interested? Read more.
Salaris: €90,000 - €120,000 per annumLocatie: AmsterdamDatum online: 31 augustus 2022Do you want to work for a Leading Global Private Equity Firm? Do you have 10+ years’ experience in Finance or Consultancy positions? Do you want to become part of an enthusiastic team, and make a significant impact on the operations of its Amsterdam office, and actively contribute to its fast growth? Then please keep reading.
Salaris: €120,000 - €150,000 per annum + bonusLocatie: AmsterdamDatum online: 23 september 2022Do you want to improve the Finance Structure of a growing organization? Are you interested in the Private Equity Industry? Are you someone that can hit the ground running? Then keep reading.