Interim Senior Valuation Risk Expert
Consultant Nicky Zwolsman
Datum 19 januari 2023noord-holland banking-financial-services/risk-management 2023-01-19 2023-02-18 banking Amsterdam North Holland NL Robert Walters https://www.robertwalters.nl https://www.robertwalters.nl/content/dam/robert-walters/global/images/logos/web-logos/square-logo.png true
We are currently looking for an Interim Financial Risk Expert – Valuation for a bank in Amsterdam. Do you have experience with the valuation and risks of financial markets products? Are you available on short notice for a new interim assignment? Then feel free to read on!
The role is part of the Financial Risk and Trading Risk Management department. The department comprises a large team of market risk, product control, valuation and counterparty credit risk managers & analysts, with expertise in the risk management of financial markets.
Responsibilities as Interim Financial Risk Expert - Valuation:
The role is focused on delivering valuation regulatory and accounting requirements. You will be involved in a variety of topics related to valuation risks (mostly for trading but also for banking books) to deliver the ‘Valuation Program’, which aims to address new regulatory requirements and higher model risk management expectations in this area. The key focus over the next few years will be on valuation (re)developments, where you will play a key role in the design, development, implementation, testing and roll out to production of IFRS and Prudent Valuation (AVA) related enhancements across several asset classes.
As part of the ‘Valuation Program’, you will be responsible for ensuring the successful and timely delivery of one or multiple workstreams in the project, which will be aligned to committed regulatory & internal deadlines. A high-level overview of these workstreams is presented below:
- Designing, implementing, and maintaining a compliant fair and prudent valuation framework and governance for all Fair Value books.
- Designing and implementing the framework to assess the observability, accuracy and uncertainty of market data used as input in valuation activities, as well as monitoring and analysing the results from these assessments and propose different market data sources when required.
- Development, implementation and roll-out of IPV & Valuation Adjustment models (such as market price uncertainty, close-out costs, concentrated positions, future administrative costs, etc), as well as ensuring appropriate model risk management for these models, in line with internal and regulatory requirements.
- Development, implementation and roll-out of other fair valuation related activities, such as Fair Value Hierarchy, Day One P&L or new product initiatives where valuation modelling requirements/implications should be addressed and followed up.
To succeed in the delivery of these workstreams, you will need:
- Flexibility in the way and scope of working, as all workstreams in the Valuation Program are strongly interrelated and scope prioritizations might change based on delivery deadlines and other dependencies.
- Build relationships and work together with multiple stakeholders such as Front Office, Finance, Risk, Product Controllers, IT, Development & Validation Quants and market data providers for successful delivery and implementation of re-developed processes/models, ensuring that newly designed methodologies and models are appropriate, and their impacts are well understood and agreed.
- Engagement with regulators, auditors and the industry on valuation related items.
- Ability to work with large data sets and systems, in an environment where data & processes are largely fragmented and manually managed.
Your profile as Interim Financial Risk Expert – Valuation:
- University degree in Finance/Economics/Econometrics or other science subjects.
- 4 years+ of experience in Finance on one (or more) of the Valuation workstreams described above. Preferably with an understanding of IFRS Fair Value requirements and Prudent Valuation regulation.
- Understanding the valuation and risks of financial markets products, preferably with experience in one or more business lines (Equity, FX, Credits, Interest Rates, Commodities, XVA).
- Experience handling large datasets for analysis purposes and proficient Excel usage. Preferably with some programming experience using SQL, Python and/or VBA.
- Experience in documenting & implementing methodology/modelling requirements in both tactical and strategic IT solutions.
- Ability to engage and manage expectations of senior management and key stakeholders in large complex programs.
- Constructive attitude and pro-active team player. Flexible in the scope to be covered to ensure successful ‘team delivery’ over individual priorities.
- Delivery focus considering agreed timelines, ‘can do’ mentality, positive attitude, and eagerness to learn and get outside your comfort area.
- Critical thinking and strong analytical skills.
- Flexible, independent, and creative with focus on delivering pragmatic and feasible solutions.
- Strong organisational and escalation skills in a fluid and continuously changing environment.
- Good stakeholder management.
- Excellent English-language communication skills, both verbal and written.
Formalities of the assignment:
- Interim assignment on a ZZP basis;
- Start date is ASAP, no later than March 1;
- Engagement is full-time, part-time is negotiable;
- Location is hybrid.
Does this assignment sound interesting? Then respond immediately!
Salaris:Locatie: AmsterdamDatum online: 10 januari 2023We are currently looking for an Interim Financial Risk Manager IMM for a bank in Amsterdam. Do you have experience with Counterparty Credit Trading Risk/Market Risk and IMM? Are you available on short notice for a new interim assignment? Then feel free to read on!
Salaris: NegotiableLocatie: AmsterdamDatum online: 19 december 2022For an International Bank we are looking for a Financial Controller. Are you an experienced finance professional with a flexible mind and an aptitude for organising and structuring teamwork? Are you accurate and can you easily connect the dots? Would you like to work in a highly dynamic and international environment? Then keep reading!