Salaris €50,000 - €60,000 per annum
Consultant Kimberley Verasdonck
Datum 19 februari 2018Zuidplein 28 1077 XV Amsterdam Robert Walters The Netherlands
Do you have experience in a production environment? Specifically in Cost Accounting? Are you interested in working for a leading pharmaceutical company? For MSD we are looking for a Financial Analyst.
The Financial Analyst position is part of the new COSI (Cost of Sales and Inventory) matrix organization, which will perform end to end activities from actual occurrence of a financial result till consolidation level in HQ. You will be working at their HQ in Haarlem.
Your main tasks will be
- Responsible to maintain and create product cost according US GAAP rules
- Control, analyze and report production results and source to settle variances on a monthly basis to business partners by providing high level commentary and provide estimates for recurring events to stakeholders
- Responsible for reporting accurate data to Global Repository database in line with Merck’s due dates
- Review and ensure accurate data is reported per branch in monthly product cost, sales and inventory consolidation close
- Analyze and resolve intransit inventory in a timely manner following up to determine driver of inventory remaining intransit and partnering with parties to resolve
- Analyze consoldiated costs and intercompany profit differences.
- Identify and work on initiatives that improve cost control and/or increase efficiency.
- Continue to meet the S404 requirements, updating documentation and performing/enhancing existing controls. Provide monthly reporting to customers
- Analyze of standard revision on global level by branch and ensure appropriate accounting is performed on a local and global branch perspective
- Addresses entity/divisional customer questions and requests on a variety of data and system issues.
- Provide accurate and timely financial cost, sales and inventory data to customers as requested.
- Participate in special and ad hoc projects to support management analysis and provide ad-hoc quality support to business partners.
- Ensuring actual financial data is correctly reported in P&L and Balance Sheet
- Analyzing sales data in above market and ensure data is accurately reported according to guidelines
For this challenging position we require the following from you
- At least a Bachelor’s degree in finance or accounting. An accounting qualification is a pre.
- A minimum of 3 years of working experience in Accounting
- A good knowledge of Cost Accounting is required
- Experience with analysis of production
- Previous practical experience of preparing accounts in accordance with US GAAP
- Knowledge and experience with Lean Six Sigma
- Fluent in English (and French language is a pre)
- Willingness to take on responsibility
- Goal-orientated; capable of making decisions; show initiative and be adaptive; be open to change
- The ability to work under pressure and meet deadlines
- Customer-orientated; able to mentor effectively; organized with good analytical skills; flexible in work hours
- Ability, willingness and flexibility to travel occasionally
What's in it for you?
MSD is an attractive employer offering interesting (international) growing opportunities. MSD always seeks ‘best-in-class’ employees at all levels. They expect a lot from their people and MSD has a lot to offer them as well. Team spirit, entrepreneurship, integrity, leadership and cross-border communication skills are what MSD values and rewards most. If you enjoy being challenged, MSD will be a good place for you to work. They have an excellent fringe benefit program, and they invest heavily in the development of their people. MSD gives you plenty of opportunities for individual initiative and responsibility.
Interested? Great! Please apply for the Financial Analyst position at MSD via the button below. Robert Walters is responsible for the first interview rounds. We are looking forward to meeting you.