Consultant Maaike Schelling
Datum 9 januari 2017
Are you a senior business controller and looking for a new challenge? Do you like to work in a fast paced environment and do you speak Dutch and English fluently?
For Exterion Media we are looking for a senior business controller with commercial skills. In this position you monitor and support Exterion Media BV achieving its business objectives, whilst securing the companies policies and procedures amongst which Accounting & Reporting- Investment- and Treasury guidelines. The company is acting in a highly competitive market and is owned by Platinum Investments, an US based privaty equity firm. In this role you will report to the Finance Director.
Tasks & Responsibilities
- Collect, analyse and interpret accounting information and combine this with in order to appraise operating results in terms of profitability, performance against budget, estimate projections and causes of deviation contributing to the operating result.
- Prepare management information reports on monthly, quarterly, yearly and ad hoc basis, in order to give clear insights in the realization of the financial budget and root causes for deviation
- Collect and provide information, and act as a sparring partner to Management and Auditors so they have a clear insight and are able to perform their audits effective and efficient.
- Provide advise on improvement initiatives, both when asked for as well as on your own initiative
- Lead and coordinate the budget, estimate and long range planning processes
- Perform month-end provision calculations, both for revenue and expenses related items
- Monitor and understand business processes within the accounting and all operational sections, in order to identify and initiate opportunities for improvement within these processes and systems
- Prepare the short and long term cash flow projections and advise management
- Evaluate investment requests and business contracts and provide Management advise
- Participate in bid processes for new franchises and evaluate financial implications
- Replace the financial controller when absent and lead the accounting operation and month-end close process in absence of Financial Controller
- HBO or preferably an academic level in Business Economics and Accounting
- Preferably experience in a big 4 audit firm
- Minimum five years experience as a Business controller in a commercial environment
- Fluent in Dutch & English and advanced user of Microsoft Excel.
- Excellent communication skills, critical attitude and accurate view; whilst flexible, persistent, detail oriented and hands-on
- Analytical and a good eye for order, quality and accuracy. Ability to understand the true nature of problems and the ability to translate this into practical solutions whilst ensuring the correctness and completeness of these solutions;
- Ability to collect and extract the right information from a variety of sources, by asking the right questions and performing desk research
Competitive salary and benefits package
Are you interested in this role? Apply now