Consultant Joram Falkenburg
Datum 4 juli 2018Zuidplein 28 1077 XV Amsterdam Robert Walters The Netherlands
How would you like to work as a Plant Controller for a market leading, bold, exciting, International Manufacturing company? This role is based in the greater Leiden / The Hague area; both at HQ and manufacturing-level. You will interact intensively with the Plant Managers and other "shop-floor" stakeholders and have one direct report. Interested? Read on.
Main tasks & responsibilities
1. Plant Controlling
- You will be a member of the plant management team, working closely with operations management to optimize costs and improve productivity of the site.
- You are a finance business partner to the plant management team, while supporting and challenging budget owners if needed.
- You will look after the efficient operation and cost-effectiveness of operating systems and programs.
- You will be accountable for quarterly forecasts, yearly budget, compliance to legal requirements (SOX, Internal/External Audit) and balance sheet reviews.
- You will be responsible for plant month-end activities, providing accurate and timely information for month, quarter and year-end close. Be in charge of the planning and coordination of the preparation and distribution of financial management reports (ensure the budgetary control (cost center reports).
- You will support P2P process, Ad hoc workflow issues.
- You will conduct financial studies and analyses as requested by management. Control and initiate the investments of the plants (Updates the CIP report and assess on asset capitalization).
- You may coach and lead Green Belts and application of Six Sigma Tools. Also you may be a team leader or participant in cross-functional process improvement projects. Identify and implement process improvements.
2. Headquarter and Regional controlling
- You will be responsible for the headquarter planning and reporting activities (Yearly plan, quarterly forecasts, monthly outlooks and actual).
- You will ensure proper coordination in the planning and reporting of the regional manufacturing operating expenses within EMEA sites.
- You will provide divisional reports to business functions and review results on monthly basis.
3. Operations Finance
- You will provide leadership to Operations Finance teams and communicate guidelines on the preparation of: Loss reporting and Inventory adjustments (including planning process and monthly consolidation). Being the specialist in this area – drive improvement and operational excellence.
- Ad hoc activities, support other sites when needed, prepare and provide training to SC&OPS.
4. Business Intelligence
- You will support development and implementation of standard reports in the European Database Warehouse (EDW) and other reporting tools/systems.
- You will ensure consistency and reliability of EDW reports across LGM-EU.
- You will provide leadership in recommending and implementing Key systems solutions to provide plant manufacturing management with information to improve operating results.
- You will develop systems and procedures to accurately measure manufacturing costs and produces accurate financial reports on a timely basis.
5. Other Finance Core Activities
- You will participate in a proactive manner in the initiatives related to: internal controls, SOX support, financial handbook, internal audit, external audit, safety culture, ethics and values, OGSM, culture change, etc.
6. Management/Personal Development
- You will take responsibility for and pursue professional development in line with development plan.
- A Minimum of 5 years of experience in a medium to large size manufacturing company.
- Master’s degree in finance / Business Economics / Business Administration.
- MBA, CPA or CMA strongly preferred or willing to apply for this study.
- Manufacturing experience, Six Sigma & Lean manufacturing knowledge.
- Excellent math and analytical skills.
- Understanding of applicable computer systems, such as Microsoft Office, Oracle, Ariba and function specific software.
- Excellent oral, presentation and written communication skills.
- Fluency in English is mandatory (other languages preferred – Dutch/French/German).
- Ability to build relationships, Promote collaboration.
- Willingness to learn continuously, Analyse problems / issues, Employ financial acumen.
- Communication skills.
- Negotiations skills.
- International mindset.
Greater Leiden / The Hague Area
Apply directly below or contact email@example.com