Salaris €60,000 - €75,000 per year + + 20% bonus
Locatie Alphen aan den Rijn
Consultant Kimberley Verasdonck
Datum 6 juli 2018Zuidplein 28 1077 XV Amsterdam Robert Walters The Netherlands
Are you excellent in Business Controlling or FP&A? Have you gained experience in a large, international organization, preferably in the technology/IT sector? Would you like to work for one of the best Dutch employers? Please read on.
Wolters Kluwer is operating in an ever changing business environment. The company's business lays in global information services. Wolters Kluwer serves legal, business, tax, accounting, finance, audit, risk, compliance, and healthcare markets. It operates in over 150 countries.
The finance function within Wolters Kluwer is well respected for providing accurate and insightful information which is relied upon by senior management to make business decisions. Wolters Kluwer’s consolidation department is the backbone function of this finance organization. The department will have to reposition itself in the next couple of years in order to be able to continue to face the challenges of providing accurate data in an environment of change and complexity.
We are looking for a Business Controller to join Wolters Kluwer's finance team in this global role. You will combine your FP&A experience with strong analytical- and stakeholder management skills to function as a business partner to teams in different countries.
As Business Controller you will be part of the Global Platform Organization (GPO) Finance team. You will function as a business partner to the GPO development teams in different countries. You will be based in the Wolters Kluwer headquarter in Alphen aan den Rijn. As Finance Business Partner (FP&A) you will act as the financial partner to the business, supporting financial operations with analysis of monthly results, annual budgeting and forecasting and a three-year business development plan. In your role you will also be a resource to the larger GPO Finance organization in supporting implementation of new financial Business Intelligence systems and processes
Main tasks & responsibilities
- Providing proactive analytical support and guidance through an understanding of the business and how that translates into financial results
- Identify financial business risks and opportunities, as well as opportunities for process optimization
- Builds effective budgets, forecasts and reports on annual and monthly base with analysis and recommendations
- Builds business case models to provide strategic and financial decision making support, and testing output to compare various forecast methods
- Prepare compelling and clear management reports to different stakeholders at different levels ranging from executive management to operational management
- Work with “onboarded” assets/technical teams relative to implementation of financial practices; i.e. informing and driving what changes may be required to align new acquisitions
- Manages all allocations for assigned teams
- A minimum of 5 years relevant working experience in FP&A or Business Controlling. Good knowledge of and some experience in Accounting is desirable.
- Significant experience with either SAP, HFM and/or Essbase and financial reporting tools
- Experience in working in a “professional services” type environment, preferably in the area of technology and system implementation
- Experience in working in a complex (matrix) organization; e.g. centralization, digitalization, multiple reporting systems
- Excellent oral and written communication skills in English. Dutch is a pre.
- Exposure to international operations and relationship with US-based colleagues
Your excellent communication skills enable you to present analysis and results to all levels of the organization including senior management. You are a detail orientated person and able to multitask. Stakeholder management comes with you naturally, and you are able to work independently within a dynamic team (partially abroad). You are very adaptive to cope with changes and demanding businesses within a complex, deadline-driven organization and fast-paced environment. You possess outstanding analytical skills to absorb and process large amounts of information. You are comfortable working, independently, long distance with a cross section of the organization in several offices in the US and Europe. You have a high sense of responsibility and you are flexible to work with colleagues in different time-zones.
What's in it for you?
- Working for a growing listed corporate with many interesting challenges
- Exploring a great function on corporate level where all the key decisions are made
- Part of a great, fun and young team with highly educated, ambitious people
- Many (!) growing opportunities, where your personal development is taken care of
- Beautiful, modern headquarter near Leiden with great facilities
- Excellent salary package with an exceptional bonus
- And more...
Interested? Don't wait any longer with applying for this great Business Controller vacancy. We are eager to meet you if you fit in the above profile. Do you know someone else who would fit this role? Please do not hesitate to send the job description forward and refer your friend/colleague to us. And of course, we'll reward you properly when your candidate will be mediated through us.
*Please note that you need to be eligible to work in the Netherlands.