Consultant Thomas Boerefijn
Datum 7 september 2018 2018-09-072018-11-06 engineering Zuidplein 28 1077 XV Amsterdam Robert Walters The Netherlands
Damen Shipyards Group Damen Shipyards Group operates 32 ship- and repair yards, employing 9,000 people worldwide. Damen has delivered more than 6000 vessels in more than 100 countries and delivers approx. 180 vessels annually to customers worldwide. Based on its unique, standardised ship-design concept Damen is able to guarantee consistent quality.
As Project Controller you are the linking pin between the business and the finance department. You will be a part of the Damen Commercial New Build Division’s project cost controllers team and be responsible for controlling the projects within our new Cruise, RoPax and Offshore XL (CRO) Business Unit. There will be a strong cooperation with the CRO Project Managers and the CRO Business Controller. You monitor the project revenue, costs and scenario’s, draft related reports, challenge the business regarding this and manage the relating risks proactively. Furthermore, the CRO Business Unit is in a start-up phase which enables you to set up the project control processes in the CRO Business Unit and think along with your broad view how to create the best processes and results within the CRO Business Unit.
Main tasks & responsibilities:
- The Project Controller is responsible for project control of dedicated project(s), including risk management, cash flow management, cost control, forecasting, reporting and general monitoring progress;
- Act as a sparring partner for the business by providing solicited and unsolicited advice;
- Monitoring and actively managing the total risk profile and claim overview of the project;
- Monitoring and actively managing to ensure that the project stays within the approved budgets;
- Identify problems and independently proposing ways to improve the project financial results;
- Deliver monthly reports and updates of the project financial status. All reports must be produced accurately, one time and including analysis and clear explanations;
- Have a proactive role in applying all compliance rules and regulations;
- Involved in the continuing improvements of project control process and risk management within Damen Commercial New Build Division and the relevant yard(s).
Education & skills
- Bachelor’s and/or Master’s degree in Accounting and/or related experience in a production environment;
- Minimum of 5 years of experience with controlling big projects in a technical environment;
- Substantive knowledge of ERP systems, preferably with IFS, and reporting experiences;
- Analytical, accurate, and good communication skills;
- A pro-active self-starter who enjoys working in teams;
- Good command of the Dutch & English language (written & verbal).
Are you interested in this position? Then apply directly on our website.