Solution Manager Finance
Salaris €65,000 - €90,000 per year
Consultant Thomas Boerefijn
Datum 21 september 2018 2018-09-212018-11-12 engineering Zuidplein 28 1077 XV Amsterdam Robert Walters The Netherlands
As Solution Manager Finance you act as a sparring partner for the business process owner(s) regarding a specific End2End process. You will advise BPO's about deploying enterprise applications. You will optimize business processes and information and provide an optimal fit between Finance processes and supporting IT applications (functionality).
Within this role you have a key task to form the bridge between the Finance organization and the IT&IM organization, enabling both business processes and their supporting IT applications and technologies in the most optimized and cost efficient way. You will be part of the department Business Alignment and they are focused on mapping and optimizing business processes within the Damen Shipyards Group. Ensuring an optimal fit between business processes and supporting applications.
The department is responsible for advising the BPO’s with the development and harmonization/standardization of business processes and information within Damen. This as primary goal a controlled global roll-out of the application landscape for the different clusters within the Damen Group. The department, in cooperation with Business Process Owners (BPO’s), brings the desired process performance in chart by using the Business Process Models. Based on these process models, the department guides individual implementations. The department monitors the integrity of the application and information landscape and ensures a governance policy to assess changes and verified by performing.
The Business Alignment department has an advisory, informative and supportive role towards the organization. The department connects different disciplines to analyze decisively multidisciplinary issues and is there to offer appropriate solutions. It also ensures the effectiveness of the management system and stimulates the process of continuous improvement within the organization.
Tasks & Responsibilities
- Provide a bridge between the IT&IM organization and the Finance business regarding a specific End2End process and or capability;
- Strategic business advice on business solutions related to people, processes and technology across the Damen Group with knowledge of latest technology developments;
- Define strategic roadmaps together with the business process owner(s);
- Communicate and translate required process capabilities and outcomes effectively between business process areas and IT organization;
- Model and enhance business process diagrams and other related models to capture change requirements within defined opportunities or projects;
- Define the required business cases with business process owners, defining business outcomes;
- Collaborate with IT peers in the Business Alignment, Architecture, Build and Run teams;
- Demonstrate via models the opportunities to the business process owner and other key project stakeholders;
- Contribute to the definition, development, implementation and maintenance of the business process improvements;
- Educate process stakeholders on how to identify and solve process challenges through the simulation of different scenarios and analysis.
- Master degree in Financial and or Business administration;
- Multiple years of Financial process improvement experience, especially that which leverages technology such as CRM, ERP, EPM, etc.;
- Business domain experience in the Financial process areas;
- Hands-on experience with process modelling, analysis and simulation tools. A track record of working on projects that delivered different types of business outcomes: revenue growth and customer satisfaction;
- Desired skills, competencies and behaviors: Good interpersonal communication, strong analytical and conceptual skills, "To be" process modelling and analysis, Teaching / educating / coaching / mentoring stakeholders toward desired business outcomes, influential and charismatic especially with decision makers and operational teams.
Here at DAMEN we realize that supporting and managing many talented individuals is of great essence. We understand that the key to success is to find the right person for the right job. That’s why we continually invest in your development. Damen offers you (in case of full time employment):
- A dynamic international working environment focusing on technology and innovation;
- A competitive salary;
- At least 40 days of annual leave;
- Travel allowance (compensation of a maximum of 75 KM one way);
- Profit sharing & pension allowance;
- Continuous focus on professional and personal development through our DAMEN Academy;
- An active social environment in terms of business culture, events & sports.
- An assessment and pre-employment screening will be part of the application process.
The Group Information Technology and Information Management (IT and IM) department is one of the pillars in the delivery of the ambitious business objectives of the Damen Shipyards Group. Managing growth by structuring the (digital) information on a global basis sets high standards on the availability and accessibility of our IT infrastructure. Some innovative projects are: Remote sailing / services, Big Data for Marketing & Sales, Cloud first policy, Global PLM implementation, High Performance Computing, 3D Printing, the internet of things, etc. The Damen Shipyards Group IT&IM department consist of circa 160 FTE, divided over: Solution Management, iPMO, Architecture & compliancy, Security, Application Management Services, Infrastructure & Operations Services. We deliver 24-7 availability services, to 38 entities and 4.500 users from service hubs in Gorinchem, Vlissingen, Vietnam, Romania, Ukraine and Singapore.
Interested in this position, please apply now!