Finance Business Partner
Salaris €55,000 - €70,000 per year
Consultant Kimberley Verasdonck
Datum 1 oktober 2018 2018-10-012018-11-30 hospitality-and-catering Zuidplein 28 1077 XV Amsterdam Robert Walters The Netherlands
Do you get and truly love the drills of the Hospitality industry? Would you like to work for an international family-owned company with a close and fun team? Are you able to act as a strong Business Partner for their worldwide business? Great! For Le Cordon Bleu we are looking for a Finance Business Partner.
Founded in Paris in 1895, Le Cordon Bleu is considered today the largest network of culinary and hospitality schools in the world with more than 35 schools in 20 countries and 16,000 students of over 90 nationalities are trained every year. Le Cordon Bleu combines innovation and creativity with tradition through its certificates, diplomas and bachelors and master degrees, including an online degree in gastronomic tourism.
They offer many fine restaurants as well as numerous bakeries and coffee shops under the Le Cordon Bleu trademark. In addition, they have expanded our activities to include various educational media such as culinary publications, instructional videos, TV series, cooking equipment and such more.
The Finance Business Partner shall direct report to the FP&A Manager. He or she will maintain a close working relationship with the COO of Le Cordon Bleu International. He or she will work under the ultimate control of the President of Le Cordon Bleu.
The main objective is to support the Le Cordon Bleu International in tactical and strategical decisions by monitoring and managing the financial reporting, planning processes and providing controllership to the institutes. He or She will be involved, in support and in control of multiple layer within the organization, must be able to focus on specific points whilst maintaining a helicopter view on the business unit and through the network. He/She will own the FP&A process.
Main tasks & responsibilities
- Be the primary point of contact for the entity under its scope. Building partnerships and maintaining strong relationships with all managers and their teams.
- Improving the impact, and understanding, of financial reporting on business performance.
- Providing LCBI management analysis and delivering insight that links financial reports to business strategies and operational performance.
- Manage and support the institutes revenue- and expense reporting, ensuring control, accuracy, predictability and timely delivery on figures, analyses and comments. Ensure all reporting from the institutes is completed, accurately and on-time.
- Support the institutes in pursuit financial targets through in-depth analysis and sharing of financial knowledge. Actively ensure compliance with laws, policies and best practices.
- Support the enhancement and compliance of business finance processes, standards and systems.
- Use research, analysis and experience to develop business and financial recommendations, provide budget feedback, and assist leadership in key financial decisions.
- Collecting, storing, reviewing the report requirements and updating the reporting calendar plus optimizing the report requirements regarding the (financial) processes.
- Prepare regular controller report (quarterly/ monthly); evaluation performance of the relevant business units, evaluation against set strategy and KPI. Highlight success and pin point pending matters.
- Controlling of financial accuracy & reporting and analysing on deviation.
- Creating and updating global templates when required.
- Assisting in administrative tasks; drafting letters and taking meeting minutes.
- Facilitating inter-institutes communication.
- Organize, lead and report on meetings with the entity financial controllers to discuss red flags, financials, operation and process optimization.
- Completing regular across network (ad-hoc) analysis subsequently to be use for entity performance.
- Preparing documents for the President visits and board of directors support.
- Attending finance meetings both related to allocated institutes as to improve the processes in general.
- Ad hoc tasks occurring on business finance function.
- Minimum of 3 years working experience in a Business Analyst or Business Controlling role within an international environment
- A Bachelor degree in Business Administration, Hospitality or Economics (or equivalent) is required
- The ability to demonstrate an understanding of the needs of the hospitality industry. A background in or passion for hospitality or education is a strong pre
- Experience with project and/ or process management is preferred.
- Full familiarity with standard Microsoft Office programs (Word, Excel and SharePoint) and accounting/ reporting systems (Navision and Tagetik is a plus)
- Excellent verbal, written communication and presentation skills in English and preferably Spanish/ Hispanic / French
- Communicative and efficient business partner; understands how to work in a multicultural and divers environment
- Analytical thinking
- Quality awareness
- Familiar with process improvement and preferably LEAN management.
- Hands on and willing to play a pivotal role in the organization change and future.
- Good sense of humor
What’s in it for you?
A lot! Le Cordon Bleu offers you a great, challenging role with an international scope with many responsibilities. They have a beautiful, classic office at the Herengracht in Amsterdam, where you can easily ride on your bike to. They work closely together as a team, have a lot of fun together, and are excited to meet their future colleague.
Interested? Please apply asap via the button below. Please do note that Le Cordon Bleu is not able to provide you with a sponsorship.