Senior Business Controller
Consultant Joram Falkenburg
Datum 14 november 2018 2018-11-142019-01-06 trade-and-services Zuidplein 28 1077 XV Amsterdam
How would it be to start as Senior Business Controller for a dynamic, industry leading sales and trading company, based in Amsterdam? It's a diverse & international environment. In this role you are a true business partner throughout the organisation; proactively helping achieve business objectives and increase enterprise value. A background in financial services is a plus. Interested? Read on.
The Senior Business Controller will be part of the Finance & Operations team of a Sales & Trading company with an international product and client portfolio. This makes it a very diverse & international environment, which reflects in the job as well. The Senior Business Controller is responsible for executing business control services towards partnering with the business to realize business objectives and to increase enterprise value. The Senior Business Controller services several business centers, and has active communication lines with internal stakeholders.
Main tasks & responsibilities
- Execute trade position & result analysis (open, closed, settled);
- Execute trade-life cycle control;
- Execute business performance measurements;
- Execute project and cost controlling.
- Execute planning, budgeting and forecasting;
- Ensure month- and year-end closing according to applicable deadlines;
- Ensure reliable, timely and complete management reporting for designated legal entities in accordance with applicable Accounting principles.
- Co-develop policies and procedures within business control;
- Assess business and financial control processes and assist in improvements;
- Stakeholder management;
- Alignment with business stakeholders (e.g. traders, execution, risk, financial control, treasury etc);
- Advisor/partner for local and group managers.
Education / experience
- Bachelor degree in Accounting or related studies;
- Experience within the financial services sector;
- At least 5 years’ experience within finance (within Big 4 Audit firm and / or Business Control or similar position);
- Excellent knowledge and use of English (written and spoken);
- Excellent knowledge and use of Dutch (written and spoken) is a big plus;
- Knowledge of and experience with Dutch GAAP and IFRS is a plus;
- Knowledge of and experience with international trade contracts and incoterms is a plus;
- IT system experience (implementation and/ or improvement);
- Experience in the commodity trading industry is a big plus.
- Result driven
Apply directly below and / or contact Joram Falkenburg for more information.